LendKey is solving a complex challenge—to improve lives with lending made simple—by helping financial institutions compete in the digital age and provide a delightful customer experience, while providing borrowers with the simple, transparent, digital borrowing experience they have come to expect and desire. LendKey works with hundreds of credit unions and banks to conduct their education and home improvement loan programs.
LendKey’s Home Improvement Loan (“HIL”) is an unsecured consumer financing solution, which is offered to and “sold” indirectly to end consumers (borrowers) through a network of home improvement contractors. LendKey partners with individual, multi-location, as well as large franchise contractors who are looking to offer their customers a low-cost financing solution, as replacement or supplement to cash-on-hand, in order to upsell and close more home improvement projects. LendKey also partners with large strategic partners, such as contractor networks, affiliates, and loan brokers who act as financing marketplaces or finance managers for aggregated networks of contractors, and their end customers.
LendKey is seeking a Strategic Account Manager for its Home Improvement Lending division. The Account Manager (“AM”) is ideally a high energy problem solver that can build, manage, and drive loan originations from a network of contractor franchises, affiliates, loan brokers and other partners.
What you’ll do:
• Work with large strategic Home Improvement Loan Franchises, Affiliates, Loan Brokers, and other volume driving partners to grow loan origination volume and revenues.
• Own the strategic partnerships. Speak with partners frequently on overall pipeline volume, LendKey product utilization, and competitive landscape. The hire will be responsible for immediately assuming the lead on assigned accounts and will be expected to:
• Be the voice of the partnership internally
• Be the first line of defense on issues with the partnership, application volume, or changes in the competitive landscape
• Be proactive to identify potential issues or short falls in a partnership
• Be creative and identify opportunities to better position the HIL program in the market and grow loan originations
• Continue to work with partners to grow the partnership and HIL loan originations
• Become the face of LendKey to large, complex, and potentially demanding partnerships
• Reactivate and grow inactive or underperforming partnerships
• Learn and grow knowledge of the general contractor sales, construction, and funding process
• Develop knowledge of sub home improvement verticals (luxury, replacement, HVAC, etc.) and their specific needs, in financing and otherwise
• Work with management to properly incentives partners with revenue shares or the like
• Become familiar with the HIL loan origination process, underwriting, and system functionally to accurately address partner questions and properly set expectations
• Manage an application pipeline to speak to, and potentially forecast, application and disbursed loan volume
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. Collaborate with internal parties, including lender support, financial operations, loan operations, and technology, in order to be successful in managing partnerships and providing quality service with positive partner outcomes
• Attend client events and conferences
What we’re looking for:
Strong desire to work for a mission-based organization that emphasizes the importance of providing exceptional customer service and aligned with our core values: Truthful at all times; Helpful to teammates, clients, and customers; Present, committed & engaged to their teams and work; Driven to be courageous to make an impact; and Diligent & conscientious in executing every element of work.
Background & Skills:
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· 4+ years’ experience in managing mid to large size volume generating partnerships (HIL, Financial Services or comparable)
· Experience working directly with large accounts or partnerships (HIL, Financial Services or comparable)
· Proven ability to manage and grow a book of accounts/partnerships
· Experience in indirect lending or other affiliate driven lending
· General knowledge or direct experience in the home improvement sales/construction process is a plus
· Proven ability to adapt to and lead through fast-paced, high-growth, uncertain environments
· Highly organized and detail oriented
· Demonstrated strong interpersonal and leadership skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment
· Exceptional communication skills