Humatics’ breakthrough micro-location system and analytics software comprise a Spatial Intelligence Platform™ that will revolutionize how people and machines locate, navigate and collaborate. A single Humatics system, using simple, inexpensive radio-frequency technology, can pinpoint multiple, moving targets with millimeter-scale precision, vastly outperforming existing systems at a fraction of the cost.
As a part-time member of the Infrastructure Technology Team, you will be essential in assisting the I.T. Director in supporting the Humatics Community and in continuing to build and secure our infrastructure. You will be responsible for providing Level 1 Front-Line Infrastructure Technical Support to the workforce, including workstation management. End users submit their issues through the Ticketing System, and you will need to resolve their issues with your technical aptitude. You will also be involved with the troubleshooting, imaging and building of workstations and network related infrastructure components.
Your priorities will focus on workstation support for the Waltham, MA office and be the technical hands for on-site issues, directed by the department Director. An analytical mindset is required as you will be responsible for interpreting, editing, and customizing the localized data to fit the needs of the organization. Developing documentation for training, coaching and supporting the employees who use Humatics defined systems will also be required. Within this role, a successful candidate will both follow and assist in the development of established procedures for troubleshooting, remediation and implementing new services and solutions for the continued growth of the Humatics Infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the performance of end-user administration tasks, providing first-line support and troubleshooting on issues with the platform and third-party tools.
- Provide day to day Level 1 technical support by responding to incoming phone calls, tickets and assignments designated by the Infrastructure Technology Director.
- Utilize standardized documentation processes and administrative templates to Install, Upgrade, and Configure hardware and software on Humatics approved technology systems, including the maintenance and configurations of corporate preventive solutions such as anti-virus, anti-spam, spyware and related support tools. This position requires you to be hands-on with multiple versions of Operating Systems including Microsoft Windows, Linux Ubuntu and MacOS/Mac-iOS devices.
- Enforce Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware Systems and policies preventing the corporation’s servers, workstations and hosted environments from being compromised, hacked and protecting proprietary data and data storage.
- Track and Log incoming support calls, document and maintain standard operational procedures as well as maintain systems documentation for testing and validation.
- Perform software distribution, installation, troubleshooting and patch management to Microsoft Windows, Ubuntu Linux and Apple MacOS workstations.
- Escalate outstanding and problematic issues to the I.T. Director with initial analysis and potential short term fixes.
- Maintain and update the I.T. Manual of Operating Procedures by developing instruction sets, detailed diagrams, and enforcing adherence to detailed policy and procedure documents while ensuring that these documents are being followed.
- Perform hardware/software/firmware upgrades to existing workstations, tablets, devices and equipment as required.
- Manage the efficient planning and delivery of new updates, modifications and the adoption of best practice policies, including conducting research to identify opportunities to leverage new functionality within the systems over time.
- In conjunction with the I.T. Director, help develop the organization and supporting product development advancing Humatics technologies.
- Administration of the Corporate Enterprise Standard Applications Google G-Suite Workspace/Microsoft Office 365 Suite, Cloud Storage Drives, Instant Messaging, Mobile Device Management and Remote Administration.
- Update and maintain Humatics inventory, assets, software keys, password database and software licensing within the Infrastructure Technology online database system.
- Work in conjunction with 3rd party partner resources to maintain, enhance and build Humatics corporate infrastructure and the hosted infrastructure on Google Cloud Storage, Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Research of New Technology solutions for implementation within the Organization, including the evaluation of different solutions for comparison and present to I.T Director for Approval and/or Justification for the need to invest in new technology solutions.
- Assist in the process of purchasing of equipment, extended service contracts, warranties and Infrastructure related leasing of equipment including servers, networks, printer/copiers and more.
- Protect the entire Humatics Infrastructure to support both current and future growth of the organization. This will include onsite Network Systems, Physical and Virtual Server Systems, Key Card Access Systems, Security Systems, and related Infrastructure Hardware.
- Assist the Engineering teams in the support of their Product Development Lifecycles.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of Down’d Network Services connecting the Meraki Network and Humatics Infrastructure, including Firewalls, Switches, Wireless Systems, Maintenance and Service Agreements, ISP Connectivity, VPN Tunnels and VPN Clients.
- Continue to enforce and implement 2-Factor-Authentication on our confidential and intellectual property to secure company technology and development.
Interested applicants should have some knowledge and/or experience in at least 5 of the technologies listed below and have had some exposure or variant of the remaining skillsets in order to be considered for the position:
- Microsoft Windows 10 and Active Directory Domain Administration
- Linux Operating Systems including Ubuntu 18.04 LTS / 20.04 LTS
- Apple MacOS and Mac-iOS Operating Systems and devices.
- Active Directory and Google G-Suite Workspace - User Account Administration
- User and Mailbox Administration, SPAM and Email Management Methodologies
- Authentication and Network Protocols including SMTP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SSL, RADIUS, VPN, VLAN, WPA2 including Single Sign On (SSO) Methodologies.
- Localized End User Backup and Cloud Storage Systems & Solutions
- Knowledge of Google Workspace and Microsoft Office 365 Family of Products
- Building Workstation/Computers from Scratch and the Ground Up
- Cloning Methodologies such as Ghost or Clonezilla
- Atlassian Jira / Confluence or related Ticket and Document Management Systems.
- VoIP Telephony and Video Conferencing solutions
- Security Authentication Protocols including 2-Factor or 2-Step Authentication
- High Degree of Technical support skills, with ability to be innovative regarding emerging technology direction and problem solving.
- Detail oriented capability in the configuration and troubleshooting processes of software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment and how they interact in order to optimally function.
- Ability to operate independently with a daily change in priorities
- Manage the incoming and existing JIRA assigned Ticket Queue with the ability to assess, troubleshoot and define a resolution to both in-house user’s and hosted systems at a remote location or offsite datacenter.
- Strong communication, customer service and customer facing skills demonstrating the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users clearly and efficiently.
- Ability to document and update procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Familiarity with network and TCP Protocols, Wireless and Home Networks, and working with networking infrastructure technologies such as Home Firewalls, Switches, VoIP and video conferencing solutions.
- A Team Player where no task is beneath them and willing to do whatever it takes to move the Infrastructure Technology Team forward towards success.
- Occasional After-Hours Support as required.
TECHNICAL APTITUDE & EXPERIENCE
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Training with 1-2 years experience or Upcoming Graduate
- Focus in Information Systems/Information Technology/Computer Science
- Minimum 1 years of experience as a Workstation Analyst / Specialist / Technology intern or related courses prior to graduation.
- Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA A+ or equivalent trained or certified desirable but not required.
- Previous experience working in a Start-up organization is helpful but not required.
This position is part-time and based at Humatics headquarters in Waltham, MA.
If you do not meet all these qualifications, but are excited about the opportunity, please apply!
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.