Hours for this position are Mon-Fri 12:00 pm - 8:30 pm OR 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm with overtime expected.
All full time positions come with a comprehensive benefits package including life/dental/health/vision insurance as well as Paid Time Off and 401k.
The Imprinting Operator/Screen Printer will work in conjunction with the production/assembly department and graphics department to perform duties essential for customer order completion, timeliness and accuracy. Must have experience with automated and/or manual screen print machines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following
- Examines work orders to determine details such as quantities to be printed, production time, stock specifications, colors and color sequences
- Screen preparation process including screen stretching, screen selection, degreasing, film-emulsion coating, exposure and wash out, as well as cleaning and reclaiming after printing
- Selects, mixes and modifies ink for use in screen printing machine
- Selects and installs and re-positions printing plates, adjusts pressure rolls, and/or adjusts machines to improve print quality as needed
- Prints with repeatable results—and anticipates, recognizes and fixes possible issues with the ink and automatic or manual screen print machine
- Performs quality checks throughout the print run and verify that the proper quantity has been printed before cleaning and breaking down the press for the next job
- Inspects and examines products for clarity, color accuracy, conformance to specifications, and any defects
- Sets up screen printing machine including loading and adjusting screens, press adjustments, inking screens, squeegee selection and test printing
- Other duties as assigned