Overall Position Purpose
The position exists to ensure that Inteleos executes projects using AGILE project management approaches that result in delivering maximum value in the shortest amount of time to our customers across project teams. The project manager will work with staff at all levels of the organization and use various cloud-based project management and collaboration platforms to achieve these goals. The position will be responsible for project management of the organization’s most complex, mission-critical projects as well as smaller projects within the organization.
- Assume the project manager role for one or more enterprise or departmental projects.
- As SCRUM Master, coordinate activities with staff, vendors, and consultants as needed to ensure project success; work with SCRUM team and product owners daily, ensuring that projects are moving forward on schedule. When issues occur, determine the best go-forward strategy and work with management to obtain whatever changes are needed to bring the project back on schedule; use appropriate tools to keep upper management and internal customers informed of project status throughout the life cycle of the project;
- Using known project management frameworks such as SCRUM and Kanban, ensure projects are feasible and meet strategy, budget, quality, and timeline goals;
- Participate in project discovery and portfolio planning sessions in order to grasp the overall business needs of the project.
- Use appropriate tools to keep project artifacts well organized, easily accessible, and easily understood by all project team members.
- Form part of the core enterprise project management team which has the following duties:
- Act as the SCRUM Master to one or more SCRUM teams.
- Develop, track, and report on project metrics such as burn-down and burn-up rates.
- Act as owners of project management policies and procedures.
- Hold periodic learning sessions with community members.
- Develop, implement and maintain the Project Management department’s policies and procedures as required by ANSI for organizational accreditation.
- Foster adoption of AGILE practices across the organization.
- Coach product owners on best practices for refining backlogs and writing user stories.
- Accountable – taking ownership of your work and delivers results. Being responsible for your actions.
- Collegial – being helpful, respectful, approachable, and team-oriented. Building strong working relationships and a positive work environment. Consider the thoughts and opinions of others.
- Ethical/Integrity– the employee is honest and trustworthy when working with colleagues, volunteers, and other stakeholders. Lead by example.
- Committed to:
o Creating the global standard of excellence in healthcare and patient safety o Excellence – Strive to excel in everything you do.
o Quality – Taking the initiative, extra time, care, and vigilance to get the job done right.
o Continuous Learning
- Have a Positive "Can-do" Attitude-being ready, available, and willing to get the job done and done well.
- Works under general guidance with considerable latitude in determining their work objectives.
- Makes decisions of considerable complexity regarding work design, projects, or business issues that are mostly ambiguous, which have a medium or short-term impact on a significant organizational function and may occasionally impact Inteleos as a whole. Work projects and products are subject to management review for content, quality, and appropriateness.
- Incumbent may have formal supervisory responsibility or provide regular work direction to other employees.
The incumbent will work at a desk in an office environment either in the corporate office or in an approved remote setting. Travel and evening and weekend work will be required. There are minimal requirements to lift or move equipment.