Provides skilled accounting services with minimal supervision to the Agency in order to maintain accurate and timely accounting records and other financial information. This position reports to the Director of Accounting.
Essential Job Functions:
1. This position has primary responsibility for processing payroll. It is responsible for maintaining all payroll related records and reports. Duties include but are not limited to ensuring employees are paid accurately, auditing timekeeping records for compliance with established standards, maintaining time and attendance records, monitoring FMLA status, and ensuring garnishments are accurately taken.
2. This position is responsible for managing the day to day operation for Accounts Payable in Texas and provides leadership and expertise to all accounting staff related to all areas of the accounting function and demonstrates effective collaboration across department lines.
3. Directly supervises the Accounts Payable team in Texas.
4. Performs various accounts payable processes, maintains various payable related records and conducts various monthly invoice/statement reconciliations as assigned.
5. Supervises the preparation of annual IRS Form 1099s for the entire Agency.
6. Provides assistance to the Vice President for Finance and Administration and/or the Director of Accounting for various projects that may arise. This includes the preparation of workpapers for annual audit and other duties as assigned.
The position primarily works in a typical office setting with daily use of the Financial Edge Accounting system, Paylocity payroll system and other software, specifically Microsoft Office products. There is occasional need to visit Agency locations and driving on behalf of the agency. This position does occasionally require working extra hours beyond the typical 8-hour work day.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with four years of related experience demonstrating working knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting. Strong computer skills are preferred, particularly with Microsoft Office Excel and Word. Experience working with Paylocity or similar outsource payroll system is also preferred. This position requires a trustworthy individual who is able to maintain confidences in all areas related to the business and welfare information of the Agency. There are no specific licenses required for this position.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and child care/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.