Employers Council is a preeminent Regional Employers Association with offices located in Arizona, Colorado, and Utah committed to partnering with employers to grow exceptional workplaces. We provide a full array of employment law, organizational management, and human resources expertise and services, including virtual and in person employee training. We serve employers from a variety of industries and varying sizes, with support that ranges from the transactional to the transformational.
We are excited to announce that we are seeking a Human Resources Services Staff member to join our Human Resources and Organizational Development Services team in Colorado Springs, CO. Our Human Resources Staff focuses on knowledge, learning, and providing exemplary consulting services to our members.
If you are seeking a position that affords the opportunity to collaborate, professionally grow and learn from HR, legal, and Organizational Development specialists we are excited to hear from you! As well, if you desire a role that will allow you to share your expertise with HR practitioners from organizations of all sizes, sectors, and industries here is your opportunity to shine.
We offer a fantastic benefits package and most importantly, the ability to maintain a positive work/life balance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Provide advice, counsel, and recommendations to member organizations via the phone, video conferencing, or in person on a wide variety of HR related topics including staffing, HR operations, compensation, benefits, EEO, performance management, employee relations, recordkeeping, employee handbooks and related policy documents.
· Review and recommend changes/amendments/improvements to documents including employee handbooks or policy manuals, compensation plans, performance appraisal forms and documentation in order to enable members to use legally defensible and effective tools to meet their own business objectives.
· Draft articles to be published in Employers Council's Bulletin, Employers Council's Hot Topics, and other publications or for online applications such as blogs and social media.
· Draft Employers Council Whitepapers (FYI's) on HR and employment topics related to your own expertise or our identified needs.
· Conduct training classes at Employers Council offices or at a member location on a wide variety of HR related topics via both in-classroom and e-learning methodologies.
· Develop new classes, programs and other materials to meet members’ current and anticipated HR needs.
· Prepare multi-media training materials and deliver those materials in a classroom or work environment; deliver presentations/speeches to community/industry groups on HR related topics to audiences ranging in size from a handful to a few hundred or more.
Relationship Development & Management
· Develop and maintain positive relationships in order to engage the member and ensure member confidence in Employers Council’s human resource expertise.
· Drive usage of our products and services through in-person training sessions, referrals and online resources.
Employers Council Supported Continuing Education
· Continually develop knowledge and proficiency in various HR disciplines by attending classes, conferences and research to provide members with all necessary human resources consultative support.
· Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing.
· Ability to train and facilitate groups.
· Ability to understand the customers’ business and organization structure.
· Ability to research and keep up to date on top HR trends.
Education and Experience Requirements
· A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
· Certification as a PHR, SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-CP, and/or SHRM-SCP required or attained within one year of hire.
· Additional certifications from the IFEBP, World at Work, or the American Payroll Association are desired.
· A minimum of two years of experience in multiple human resources disciplines such as total rewards, staffing, employee relations, and performance management at a strategic level.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted on a year for year basis.
· Your ability to independently travel to engage members, which may include overnight stays, is required.
General office environment the majority of time. Occasional lifting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Exemption Status: Exempt
Starting annual salary range: $62, 110 - $69,875 annually
Benefits: Employers Council provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Insured group health, dental, & vison plans with optional tax deferred 125 plans are available.
• Long term income protection via 401k and defined benefit pension plans.
• Life, AD&D, Long term disability plans primarily paid for by employer.
• A generous mix of vacation, sick and holiday paid days off.
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.