COME JOIN OUR TEAM AND RECEIVE $2500 in SIGN-ON BONUSES!
Pine Tree Society is seeking a full-time Speech Language Pathologist. We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic clinician who is able to engage children and adults to help transform their lives through better communication.
Help your clients build skills while you reach new heights in your practice. Our Communication Pathways program is led by a well-recognized Speech Language Pathologist with more than 20 years of experience providing direct service and delivering impactful trainings. Our clinicians experience unsurpassed mentorship.
As one of the state’s leading assistive technology providers with multiple on-site demo and loan centers, you will have a unique opportunity to gain expertise in the areas of AAC and AT.
Our specialized team provides enthusiastic expertise in the following areas:
- Speech and language assessments
- On-going speech/language therapy and intervention
- Social language/social pragmatic group sessions
- Assistive Technology assessments (including assistive technology for learning and augmentative and alternative communication)
- Assistive Technology consultations and support (including training, programming and implementation)
- Assistive Technology professional development workshops
Qualifications; knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of a variety of speech and language delays and disorders, AAC systems, vendors and products including search strategies for locating specific systems and methods to access these systems.
- Ability to use standardized, modified and criterion-referenced assessment procedures and techniques to identify a communicative need. Ability to document findings and recommendations in comprehensive written evaluation reports.
- Ability to identify goals and objectives, AAC systems and/or strategies and procedures that will meet identified needs as well as the short- and long-term outcomes hoped for, point out a variety of options when necessary and guide a team through the choices.
- Communication skills necessary to respond to questions and to clearly explain, the options, research and theories behind speech and language recommendations, or AAC use to clients, families, caregivers, service providers and others involved in supporting a client.
- Ability to respond to questions and teach computer-based common and special needs systems in a clear, comfortable and non-threatening manner.
- Ability to organize time effectively and remain flexible in order to meet occasionally competing demands also requiring time and attention.
Benefits: We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, life, short-term disability as well as supplemental benefits, a 403(b) retirement plan, a generous PTO and paid holiday policy, which allow for a great work-life balance.
*$850 will be granted after completion of conditional offer requirements and 30 days as a Society team member. An additional $1650 will be awarded after 6 months of continued and successful employment!
• Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology
• State of Maine Speech-Language Pathologist license
• Certificate of Clinical Competency