About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, landscape architecture, planning, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 170 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
The Architect/Interior Designer will work with and learn from peers and leaders from around the firm and must demonstrate proven design leadership skills as well as an ability to contribute to an energetic design process.
- Collaborate on projects, including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and CA.
- Produce millwork / furniture drawings and details, which meet various and specific program requirements while also representing an overall design concept
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents
- Collaborate and participate with the project team for the finished plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction
- Work with consultants, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples, when necessary
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
- 3 - 7 years of related experience as an Architect or Interior Designer with a strong background in workplace interiors
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Knowledge of and experience with Revit
- Good knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, furniture systems and specifications, color selections and material selections and specifications
- Outstanding graphic presentation skills
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple projects in various stages of development
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly
- Ability to work with a large project team, across multiple offices
- Knowledge of life safety codes and requirements
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication, and client relationship management skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and SketchUp preferred
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring design to the community.
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.asg-architects.com.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.