Serves as the primary day-to-day contact for an assigned group of Coffey Communications clients during the production of their print projects. Exhibits excellence in all areas of customer service. Acts as a liaison between clients and production staff throughout the publication production process. Ensures that publications are produced in a timely manner and within budget. Works with team members and partners with other departments as needed to meet production requirements. Documents client feedback in the Customer Relationship Management software and shares information with appropriate staff. Develops and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of Coffey’s processes, procedures, products and services.
Essential Job Functions
- Builds and maintains outstanding relationships with an assigned group of clients.
- Serves as the primary day-to-day contact for an assigned group of clients during production.
- Attends new client kickoff and meet-and-greet meetings as assigned by the Vice President of Creative Operations.
- Conducts client production orientations in partnership with appropriate Coffey representatives; has advanced knowledge of netWorks, Coffey’s online publication production tool; and trains and assists clients with their use of netWorks.
- Organizes and reviews all content at the start of production.
- Schedules and leads project kickoff meeting with the internal production team.
- Serves as facilitator during page reviews with production team. Examines page review layouts against clients’ stated goals and expectations to make sure all client requests are met. Ensures that our best work is delivered to the client.
- Sends proofs to clients and receives their changes and feedback. Marks up proofs, using appropriate notations. Solicits follow-up information from clients when needed. Clearly conveys client feedback and requests to production team in writing and orally.
- Alerts Director of Publication Services to client or production related challenges and contract, budget or peripheral requests.
- Obtains and maintains a keen awareness of Coffey products and services. Understands the role of key departments, including Mailing and Printing and Digital Services.
- Responsible for capturing all relevant client information in the CRM.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvement in Coffey’s ability to meet and exceed clients’ needs and expectations.
- Takes initiative to provide information to Director of Publication Services concerning staff achievements or problems in fulfilling assignments.
- Uses the Coffey timekeeping system to keep an accurate record of time spent on various job activities.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either orally or in writing.
- Accomplishes other projects as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, business, English or journalism, or equivalent related education or experience.
- Minimum of three years of customer service experience building open and trusting client relationships, as well as the ability to consult, coach and influence our clients in diverse business environments.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to prioritize work to meet scheduled deadlines and promote positive relations. Ability to inspire collaboration and ideas in a team environment. Ability to juggle many responsibilities and remain flexible.
- Ability to conceptualize production and publication improvements and strategize procedures to transform challenges into opportunities. Analytical and problem-solving ability.
- A solid understanding of both business and client goals and how they relate.
- Self-motivation, evidence of initiative and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and positively with clients and colleagues.