Role Overview: The Project Engineer’s main role is to assist with assigned tasks from original concept/proposal phase through final implementation and closure. This position interfaces with all areas involved in the project, including clients, other stakeholders, and vendors.
Responsibilities: (The following is a list of responsibilities of this position but is not intended to cover all duties that this position may be required to perform from time to time.)
- Key functions include task execution on environmental design and engineering assignments.
- Responsible for reviewing project deliverables to ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Effectively communicate with the client’s primary contact (client manager or other as designated).
- Assist in preparing proposal and project change requests (PCRs) as needed.
- Responsible for adherence to project schedule, and quality of work product.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external clients.
- Provide accurate, detailed and high-quality work products.
- Comply with all current policies and procedures of SynTerra.
- Comply with all Health and Safety training in order to maintain a safe working environment.
- Full-Time employees: Available to work 40 hours per week, plus additional hours as needed to meet project deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned by the Business Unit Leader or their designee.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical or environmental engineering.
- Professional license designation as appropriate for field is desirable. E.I.T with ability to become a P.E. within three to four years of hire desirable.
- Minimum of six (6) months of relevant industry experience is desirable. Experience with project management is a plus.
- Ability to understand regulations and counsel clients on options to conform to regulatory requirements.
- Position supports projects in one or more of the following areas: Air emissions inventory/calculations/permitting; Tier II and TRI reporting; SPCC and SWPPP; RCRA regulations; wastewater treatment design; stormwater permitting and stormwater control design.
- Software proficiency (including but not limited to): Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER trained a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for all levels of technical understanding.
- Excellent math skills required.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- The Project Engineer must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time paying close attention to detail.
- The Project Engineer’s work environment involves work both indoors and in outdoor settings. Work environments range from climate controlled office space to areas where dust, noise, and outdoor weather conditions may be present.
- May sit or stand for several hours at a time and climb inclines (terrains, ladders, etc.).
- The Project Engineer must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel throughout client service area is required as needed.
More than a job:
We are looking for intelligent, ambitious, and passionate candidates to continue helping our clients throughout the Southeast. When you join SynTerra, you do more than simply advance your career. You become part of the SynTerra family, a group of talented individuals who drive innovation and embrace change. Join a team you are going to love — SynTerra.
Perhaps you have a colleague who would be a perfect fit for this role. Be sure to forward this link.