SynTerra is looking for a Civil Engineer / Project Manager who can demonstrate the capability to work in a collaborative team environment, and independently manage changes and schedules and balance multiple projects simultaneously. The candidate must have substantial experience managing civil engineering projects, preferably with some exposure to consulting and civil engineering site construction plan development. The candidate must be flexible and thrive in a fast paced, team environment. The candidate would be working within our Site and Economic Development Group in Charlotte, NC or Greenville, SC.
· Coordinate and lead design efforts for civil engineering site plans for site development (Auto CAD) and environmental projects.
· Operate in a project management role; expected to coordinate with clients, subcontractors, and/or regulatory representatives about project goals, needs, status, etc.
· Manage projects involving site design, grading, stormwater, erosion and sedimentation control, and more.
· Participate in business development opportunities (conferences, client events, etc.).
· Occasional field work or site visits may also be required depending on project needs.
· Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering
· 4-10 years of project experience (developing construction plans for civil engineering site design, grading, stormwater, and erosion & sedimentation control)
· Experience managing civil engineering projects
· Pump station design and specification experience preferred
· P.E. license preferred in North Carolina or South Carolina (or ability to obtain P.E. within 2 years)
· Experience in developing construction plans for civil engineering site design
· Proficiency in AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D with site, grading, and utility design
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Familiarity with GIS and Bentley SITEOPS is desired
· Additional experience of benefit but not required – SketchUp or other 3D modeling programs
More than a job:
We are looking for intelligent, ambitious, and passionate candidates to continue helping our clients throughout the Southeast. When you join SynTerra, you do more than simply advance your career. You become part of the SynTerra family, a group of talented individuals who drive innovation and embrace change. Join a team you are going to love — SynTerra.
Perhaps you have a colleague who would be a perfect fit for this role. Be sure to forward this link.