SynTerra is looking for a Lead Designer/Project Manager in civil engineering who can demonstrate the capability to work in a collaborative team environment and independently, manage changes and schedules, and balance multiple projects simultaneously. Candidate must have substantial experience managing civil engineering projects, preferably with some exposure to consulting and civil engineering site construction plan development. Candidate would be working within our Site and Economic Development Group in Charlotte, NC.
· Coordinate and lead design efforts for various civil engineering site plans for site development
· Operate in a project management role; expected to coordinate with clients, subcontractors, and/or regulatory representatives about project goals, needs, status, etc.
· Manage projects involving site design, grading, stormwater, erosion and sedimentation control, and more
· Participate in business development opportunities (conferences, client events, etc.)
· Occasional field work or site visits may also be required depending on project needs
· Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering
· 4-7 years of experience
· P.E. license preferred (or ability to obtain P.E. within 6 months)
· Experience in developing construction plans for civil engineering site design
· Proficiency in AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Familiarity with GIS and Bentley SITEOPS is preferred
· Experience managing civil engineering projects
· Additional experience of benefit but not required - SketchUp or other 3D modeling programs
More than a job:
We are looking for intelligent, ambitious, and passionate candidates to continue serving our clients throughout the Southeast and beyond. When you join SynTerra, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become part of the SynTerra family, an employee-owned group of talented professionals who drive innovation, embrace change, and cultivate a culture of trust. Come join a team that you are going to LOVE – SynTerra.