SynTerra is looking for a talented Design and Drafting Professional who can demonstrate the capability to work in a collaborative team environment and independently, manage changes and schedules, and balance multiple projects simultaneously. Candidate must have some educational background or project experience in developing civil engineering designs and plans. Candidate would be working within our Site and Economic Development Group. There are openings in both our Charlotte, NC and Greenville, SC offices.
· Lead and/or participate in the design effort for various civil projects
· Coordinate with clients, subcontractors, and/or regulatory representatives about project goals, needs, status, etc.
· Create site development plans in design software, including AutoCAD
· Facilitate projects involving site design, grading, stormwater, erosion and sedimentation control, and more
· Occasional field work may also be required depending on project needs
· Associate’s/Bachelor’s/Certification in Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering, or Drafting
· 0-2 years of experience
· Proficiency in AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Familiarity with GIS and/or Bentley SITEOPS is preferred
· Experience with developing construction plans for civil engineering site design
· Additional experience of benefit but not required – SketchUp and/or other 3D modeling programs
More than a job:
We are looking for intelligent, ambitious, and passionate candidates to continue serving our clients throughout the Southeast and beyond. When you join SynTerra, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become part of the SynTerra family, an employee-owned group of talented professionals who drive innovation, embrace change, and cultivate a culture of trust. Come join a team that you are going to LOVE – SynTerra.