The Desktop Support Specialist will be a technical resource providing infrastructure, hardware, and software support. The incumbent will play a vital role in the implementation, development, and maintenance of robust systems needed to achieve our discovery research and clinical development goals. Primary responsibilities include:
• Deploy applications, software, and operating systems
• Perform software maintenance, updates, patches to servers and workstations
• Provide technical support (software, hardware, and network)
• Provide end-user support both locally and remotely, including walk-ins
• Update/rebuild/configure workstations, laptops, and desktops
• Understanding of hypervisor and virtualized infrastructure (VMWare)
• Understanding Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2012 & 2016
• Understanding of SAS / cloud-based applications
• Setup/troubleshoot/configure Microsoft Office 365
• Monitor server health utilizing event logs and other troubleshooting tools
• Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades
• Update/maintain/monitor antivirus applications for servers and workstations
• IT asset management
• Perform system backup procedures, monitor antivirus clients, WSUS updates, and driver and BIOS updates
• Liaise with the scientific staff and assist with specialized laboratory software issues
Specific Network Administrator Duties:
• Active Directory Account Creation and modification
• Antivirus Software Management and virus / malware resolution
• Data Backup Monitoring
• Email Creation, Change, and Removal
• Mobile Device Support
• VoIP Support
• Update Management
• Workstation and Server Installation, Maintenance, Upgrades, and Support
• Email and Messaging Administration
• Group Policy Administration
Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant work experience or equivalent. Experience in the biotech industry preferred but not required.
• Technical knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
• Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Working technical knowledge of current network protocols.
• Basic SharePoint maintenance experience.
• Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
• Strong customer service attitude
• Innovative problem-solving skills
• Ability to learn and quickly apply/integrate new techniques, tools, concepts
• Self-motivated with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities and ability to work within a team environment
• Research lab experience preferred
• Understanding SOX Compliance and its implications on IT Administration