DEPARTMENT: Youth and Workforce Development Programs
POSITION TITLE: Outreach and Enrollment Specialist
LOCATION: Greenfield (requires travel)/ Work from Home
SUPERVISOR: Administrative Coordinator
The Outreach and Enrollment Worker will develop and maintain relationships with schools, community partner organizations and represent CAPV Youth and Workforce Development Programs in the community. The worker will receive all program referrals and conduct intake and assessment activities with participants and/or guardians to ensure program eligibility, document collection and that data entry is completed in alignment with agency and funder requirements. As the first point of contact for participants and parents interested in our programs, this individual must be able to develop rapport and maintain engagement with participants, retain community relationships, and demonstrate strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Outreach to community partners to build relationships for facilitation of referrals.
- Represent the department at community events to promote programs and services.
- Conduct individual intake and orientation meetings with all referred individuals through a service integration model.
- Conduct group and individual assessments.
- Maintain electronic records, following all policies, to ensure confidentiality.
- Proactively communicate with referred individuals to maximize program enrollment.
- Work collaboratively with department staff to seamlessly transition participants upon completion of enrollment into programs.
- Maintain digital calendar of appointments.
- Practice a positive participant’s development and trauma informed approach to working with Participants.
- Assist with evaluating systems performance and adjust practices for continuous quality improvement.
- Perform data entry for all referrals, tracking enrollment/engagement in programs, and completion of activities.
- Assist in timely and accurate data collection and preparation of data reports.
- Work as a team with partner agencies to support, enhance and promote communication and consistency in the delivery of services.
- Promote department content and share community posts on department social media.
- When schedule requires remote work, expected to be available for meetings, calls, responding to emails, and conducting regular duties.
- Required to travel regularly throughout the program service area, to all Community Action sites and service locations, and occasionally out of the service area.
- Comply with agency and funders’ paperwork requirements and procedures.
- Attend regularly scheduled supervision and program meetings.
- Attend mandatory agency trainings and other relevant trainings
20. Participate in professional development activities and team meetings.
21. Maintains strictest confidentiality.
22. Performs related work as required.
This does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be adjusted to meet the operational needs of the agency.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- One-year customer service experience; ability to engage in a compassionate, empathetic manner.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for experience or additional directly related experience may be substituted for education.
- Applicants with dual language fluency preferred
- Proficient computer skills including proficiency with use of mouse, email, and Microsoft Office applications and databases
- Ability to maintain accurate records and strong computer skills
- Highly organized with ability to work within a team and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with different sectors of the community to accomplish shared goals and outcomes.
- Time management skills with ability to multitask; ability to work well under pressure, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of data management: data capture, tracking methods.
- Effective written and verbal (in-person and phone) communication skills.
- Knowledge of social services in Hampshire, Franklin County and the North Quabbin regions.
- Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic diversity and the needs of individuals and families with low incomes.
- Ability to travel throughout the service region.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Requires sitting for long periods.
- Working in office environment.
- Some bending and stretching required.
- Extensive use of telephone required.
- Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
- Must be able to lift from 20 – 30 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment includes indoor office environments or comparable spaces, and community spaces, with occasional exposure to outdoor weather when traveling to outreach or meeting sites. The noise level varies by site.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of Criminal Offender Record check (C.O.R.I.) prior to hire and every three years. Evidence of a good driving record and ability to be covered under Community Action’s non-owned and hired vehicle policy.