Primary focus of this role is to perform credit analysis and risk assessment on current and potential customers for all commercial loans. Responsible for analyzing and monitoring the credit worthiness of the bank’s customers. Analyzes financial statements, tax returns and bank references to evaluate the financial condition of individuals and businesses applying for credit with the bank.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists commercial loan officers in gathering and organizing loan packages. Prepares underwriting analysis for new loan requests, loan renewals and modifications, which includes a detailed analysis of financial performance, financial condition, industry and market analysis, identification of key risks and mitigating factors and assigning real time risk rating.
- Completes ratio, trend, and cash flow analysis; creates financial projections.
- Assists commercial loan officers with loan structure, including covenant package, reporting requirements, advance rates, and pricing.
- Completes draft credit presentations to include preliminary credit conclusions; prepares an objective narrative on the credit worthiness of the loan proposal.
- Monitors / maintains commercial credit file quality with focus on collateral, spreads / EBITDA’s, tax returns, rent rolls and borrowing base reports.
- Identifies trends in income and/or cash flow, as well as sources and uses of business cash flow.
- Assists lenders with jointly performing annual reviews of customer debt servicing capacity using the bank’s standard annual review form. Recommends risk rating changes when analysis merits.
- Orders real estate appraisals/evaluations; distributes completed appraisals and evaluations to appropriate loan staff for completion of the required review.
- Communicates missing items, concerns, and questions to loan officer. Sets up calls or in person meetings with the Loan Officer to discuss the details of the analysis.
- Other projects, analysis, and reports as assigned.
- Follows all applicable laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Technical level of knowledge normally acquired through completion of an Associate’s level program in business administration, finance, or related field.
- Three to five years bank credit experience
- Knowledge of lending policies and procedures, including state and federal regulations.
- Strong financial analytical and underwriting skills.
- Excellent knowledge of personal/business financial statements and tax returns.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers, and vendors; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
This job description in no way should be construed as a contract for employment. These job duties may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
BANK SECRECY ACT
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and all other regulatory, security and bank policies.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable employee accommodations for physical or mental disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis. While performing duties the employee is required to sit, talk, hear and lift up to 25 lbs., and may be required to work evenings and/or weekends, attend remote meetings and/or to travel.