The Designer I, Architecture performs a supporting role within the design team on multiple aspects of the Architecture process including, but not limited to the refinement and documentation of design work, preparation of presentation materials, background research support, and coordination within the overall team. The applicant is expected to work within established budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements on a variety of projects and project types including planning, urban design, architecture, wayfinding and interiors projects, as well as projects that are combined efforts with Streetsense’s unique collective of branding, marketing and real estate strategy teams. They support the design and documentation efforts on a variety of retail and mixed-use architecture projects as well as cross-practice projects within the larger collective.
- Work with team on multiple, complex projects through all phases of the design process
- Perform specific/limited portions of architectural assignments under direct supervision to support the creation of detailed design concepts, functional requirements, and project-design criteria
- Think and design three-dimensionally with creative and conceptual skills
- Receive and follow directions for project assignments
- Document changes to architectural drawings as instructed.
- Assist in construction administration including responding to RFI's, preparing sketches and addendum's (CCD's), visiting the construction site to gather information and/or preparing a punch list
- Assist with design and technical coordination among disciplines and respond to technical implications of design decisions.
- Consult with manufacturers, research, and evaluate materials.
- Actively supports compliance with BIM/CAD project standards and procedures.
- Create graphics and research information for inclusion in proposals and marketing materials