The Director of Educational and Information Technologies provides overall leadership and coordination for all information technology systems and services. The director provides instruction, training, and resources in order to assist faculty, staff, and students in integrating appropriate and innovative technologies to support, enhance, and extend learning. This position provides direct support to faculty, staff, and students for educational technology including, but not limited to, the learning management system (LMS), student information system (SIS), assessment systems, classroom and office technologies, and collaboration tools used to support the academic mission of the seminary. This position works in collaboration with an outsourced provider who maintains all server and network administration and engineering functions and provides virtual CIO services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provide administrative oversight of the seminary’s educational and information technology systems:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the seminary’s LMS and SIS in order to provide administrative and technical support.
- Maintain policies and procedures regarding IT, technology-enhanced course development, content, and management.
- Ensure all educational technology tools and systems are up to date and coordinate systems testing, upgrades, etc.
- Serve as the primary liaison between educational technology companies and the seminary.
- Supervise the Teaching & Learning with Technology position and other technology graduate assistants.
- Communicate budgetary needs for resources in December or January of each year regarding educational technologies.
- Coordinate technology implementation, troubleshooting, annual IT audit, and software lifecycle evaluations.
Provide technical support to faculty, students, and staff for the seminary’s educational and information technology systems:
- Serve as the point of contact for faculty, staff, and students regarding the LMS and other educational technology systems.
- Continually develops and maintains tutorials for the seminary’s educational technologies.
- Develop educational technology training programs for various audiences to promote the use of educational technologies.
- Advocate and support the use of educational technology as part of curriculum delivery.
- Collaborate with Online Education & Faculty Development Coordinator for seamless student and faculty technical support.
- Provide authentication services for software including Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, Blackbaud, StarRez, Outlook 365, etc.
Lead innovative educational and information technology initiatives:
- Responsible for investigation and assessment of emerging educational technologies.
- Provide recommendations to enhance the seminary’s educational technology tools and resources.
- Lead educational technology projects and initiatives as they develop.
Collaboratively support and participate in the seminary’s mission and operations:
- Foster teamwork, collaboration, and communication internally and externally.
- Train and supervise Teaching and Learning Technologist, Information Technologist, and A/V Media student employees.
- Serve on advisory boards, councils, committees, and other bodies as assigned.