IF YOU LOVE KIDS, THIS JOB MAY BE FOR YOU!
Center City Housing Corp. is a statewide leader and innovator of affordable supportive housing, and at CCHC we believe that affordable housing isn’t a place to live, it’s a place where life can start moving forward.This is the most important work you’ll ever do. Not the easiest, but the most important.
This position works closely with the Early Childhood Program Coordinator to provide comprehensive services to children from birth through four years old living in supportive housing. The Early Childhood Program Assistant will assist the Early Childhood Program Coordinator with both long- and short-range children’s activities in accordance with program objectives, developmentally appropriate practice, and program philosophy. The Early Childhood Program Assistant works with children one-on-one or in a group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement a variety of activities to ensure socio-emotional growth in young children (problem solving, conflict resolution and social skills).
- Provide opportunities for children to further their cultural identity.
- Record progress of individual’s skill development.
- Provide a safe, positive, healthy learning environment for children to attend.
- Maintain regular open communication with parents/guardians.
- Report any suspected child abuse to supervisor.
- Keep all appropriate records such as attendance and time sheets.
- Attend on-going trainings as needed.
- Work as a team to ensure a positive experience for the children.
One year experience working with children and families. This position requires a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation. This person must pass and maintain Minnesota Background Study clearance.
- Must be reliable, motivated, and a team player.
- Enjoy working hands-on with children.
- Have experience working in a structured children’s setting.
- Be familiar with children’s resources in community, and have ability to access new opportunities.
- Demonstrate competency using computer programs such as Microsoft Word as well as ability to learn and use new systems as needed.
- Open to working some evening hours.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently including prioritizing job duties.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Understand and be sensitive to the effects of trauma on an individual and its impact on successful residency, including an understanding of homeless populations.
- Skill in understanding and maintaining positive relationships with diverse participants and co-workers.
- Regular attendance, reliability and punctuality
- Sensitivity and effectiveness when working with people from diverse backgrounds and with special needs.
Must be able to safely navigate stairs, bend, squat, kneel, reach overhead, and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Center City Housing Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, sexual orientation/identity/expression, marital status or familial status.