This is an exciting time to join Providence Center and be a part of our transformation! As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) you will encourage people to experience various activities in community-based locations and to also explore all that is available in Anne Arundel County. Be a Direct Support Professional and share their passions and talents while providing person-centered supports enabling people to live, work, and enjoy life as independently as possible in their community.
Person-first - Every step is driven by the person and unique to the person.
Community - Is meant for every person.
Relationships - Real connections, real experiences, real expectations.
Accountability - Doing the right things for the right reasons; every day.
Direct Support Professional Pay scale: $16.25- $16.93 per hour (based upon experience)
Direct Support Professional Job Type: Full-time (30-40 hours per week) and Part-time positions
Direct Support Professional Shift Type: Day-Shift Monday-Friday and Day-Shift Weekends
A Direct Support Professional
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Has a valid driver's license ; NOT provisional
- Is able/willing to transport people in personal and/or company vehicle
- Has a High school diploma/GED
- Has Computer skills
Your Responsibilities as a Direct Support Professional
- Participate in the development and implementation of Individual Plan (IP), personal plan or an alternative framework or individual teaching plan.
- Assists people supported to meet physical (e.g., health, grooming, toileting, eating) and personal management needs (e.g., human development, human sexuality), by teaching skills, providing supports, and building on individual strengths and capabilities that will lead to increased independence.
- Contribute as a part of a PCI team, building companionship and community, facilitating supports, developing activities that have value to the person.
- Explores vocational interests and aptitudes, assists in preparing for job or school entry, and reviews opportunities for continued career growth.
- Educates people receiving supports, co-workers and community members about issues by providing information and support.
Benefits for You as a Direct Support Professional
- Medical (company contribution 65%-95% toward cost of coverage; plans starting as low as $18 monthly!)
- Dental (company contribution 40%-43% toward cost of plans)
- Vision (company contribution 32% towards cost of all plans)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (company paid)
- Term life insurance and AD&D up to 10k (company paid)
- Optional Life and AD&D plans
- 401k (5% company match)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Career Paths
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Inclement Weather Pay
- Pet Discounts/Insurance
A full Direct Support Professional job description is available upon request.