CMS is an award-winning construction contractor. Our scope of services encompasses new construction, renovations, fueling systems, and energy and sustainability for a wide range of commercial and federal government clients. As a prime contractor, we have the ability to execute a full range of construction disciplines. CMS has successfully captured Department of Defense multi-year contracts with $6.3 billion in contract capacity spanning 30 states, Guam and a worldwide contract.
Our standard business practices of empowering our employees, partnering with our clients, and consistently applying innovative solutions to project challenges enables us to provide our customers with the best value for their construction dollars. This best value assertion is faithfully supported by our customers, with nearly 90 percent of our revenues generated from repeat business.
Uses hand welding, flame-cutting, hand soldering or brazing equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits
- Weld components n flat, vertical or overhead positions
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
- Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shield metal arc and gas meta arc welding equipment
- Lay out, position align and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly using straightedges, combination squires, calipers and rulers
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- A High School diploma and 4 -5 years of previous process pipe welding experience
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong communication skills with ability to coordinate work with other team members
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage time and resources in the most efficient manner
- Ability to work independently
- Works under the direction of a Superintendent
- Heavy physical effort required for frequent lifting or moving of heavy materials
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds and walk a project site
- Regularly required to sit or stand
- Frequent bending and reaching
- Work is regularly performed in outside weather conditions on jobsites
- Must be able to travel
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.