NJI is a wildly creative and strategically disciplined agency with offices in London, Washington, D.C., and Singapore. We work seamlessly across teams and time zones to align and deliver for our clients.
We are looking for a versatile & organized Traffic Manager to add to our team of creative and technical mavericks. It will be second nature for the ideal candidate to organize and develop strong workflows across the agency that account for variables and remove gray areas behind the scenes. Professional and efficient, the right candidate will be an internally motivated self-starter that can see the forest for the trees, while understanding the smallest details as well – helping to keep our internal production moving efficiently.
The position of Traffic Manager stands at the center of our agency’s global intersection. You will be responsible for overseeing the efficiency, timeliness and prioritization of all production at the agency. This role is about seeing, anticipating, and evaluating the bandwidth of team members, projects, and budgets all while in motion and across time zones.
You must have the ability to work with strategic, creative, and technical leads to ensure the successful workflow and completion of complex projects on differing deadlines. Intuition and demonstrating a level of EQ are necessary traits alongside organizational prowess.
This role maintains and leads our internal agency workflow, defines process and organization, ensures the highest quality of output, and brings flexibility and dedication to their work every day.
- Experience at the crossroads of communications, and creative services (website development and management, graphic design, video, animation, advertising, branding, marketing, event production, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to understand our work, identify gaps, challenges & conflicts, and help us solve for them.
- Effective understanding of projects, timelines, contracts and portfolios with an ability to reliably prioritize work against staff resourcing capabilities and budget.
- Ability to manage hours, project scopes, and timelines across client portfolios.
- Receive and review all project requests submitted to the Creative, Video & Technology teams
- Work with Team Leads (Strategy, Video, Creative, Development) to assign and schedule resources and manage available capacity on a daily basis.
- Monitor department performance to identify potential production issues in order to proactively address challenges and find creative solutions that enable the team to meet goals
- Keep job status up to date within project management system
- Using the project planning documents, proactively create long-range project schedules for major initiatives to facilitate better project planning
- Regularly monitor master project calendar and project planning documents
- Communicate with project owners on deadlines, details, schedules, and all necessary information
- Foresee and address potential scheduling and delivery conflicts early and proactively propose solutions for resolution
- Gather and analyze data to provide insight into inefficiencies and ways to improve, including but not limited to ongoing production reporting, and testing/implementing new platforms for production and project management.
- 4-year degree
- A minimum of 2+ years of project management experience at an agency or in-house creative services department.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with experience in scheduling and task dependencies
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and negotiation skills to work effectively with internal project owners and external vendors
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain a high level of accuracy on all work activities
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, while juggling multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful, with excellent problem-solving skills – must be able to foresee scheduling conflicts and take quick action when schedules go off course
- Capability to develop and maintain strong working relationships across teams and disciplines
- Proficiency with Google Office products, including strong experience with spreadsheets
- Mastery of the English language (written and spoken).
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area ideally, but will consider highly qualified candidates located in other area of the U.S. able to maintain EST hours.
A sense of humor and a love of tacos, pandas and the occasional dog
Oh, and thanks for reading this all the way through. To be clear, we’re not interested in hearing from recruiters, recruiters who claim not to be “recruiters,” headhunters, or staffing companies.