The Line Cook is responsible for maintaining food quality, presentation and safety standards.
- Prepare food as requested according to recipe guidelines in an efficient manner.
- Maintain safety sanitation and standards at all times.
- Report to work in proper uniform.
- Acts with a sense of urgency.
- Adheres to company guidelines and house rules.
- Practices proper product control and handling.
- Follows Blue Plate guidelines as stated in employee training manual and handbook.
- Thoroughly completes all station set-up and breakdown responsibilities.
- Displays a positive attitude toward teammates.
- Always on time and ready to go.
- Maintains show quality of areas at all times
- Demonstrate proper knife skills.
- Perform other relevant tasks as required.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 1 year of professional kitchen experience.
- Completion of City of Chicago Department of Public Health Certified Food Service Manager certification preferred, or ability to complete the certification within 90 days after date of hire.
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Impeccable service standards and attention to detail.
Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently. Bilingual skills preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, taste and smell.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch for 6 to 8 hours at a time.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May work in extreme heat and cold (non-weather and weather).
- May work in wet conditions (non-weather and weather).
- Noise level is low to moderate.
- May work near toxic/caustic chemical and with fumes or airborne particles.
- Will work near moving or mechanical parts.
Blue Plate Catering is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment with Blue Plate Catering without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.