Come Smile with Us!
Delta Dental invites applications for Population Health Data Analyst to join our team. You will have primary responsibility for clinical analytics, healthcare data management and quality measure reporting to manage key contract deliverables and program oversight related to Government Programs (Dental Wellness Plan DWP and Hawki). Use your superior math and impact analysis skills to compile data from multiple sources, complete data analysis, convert data into knowledge, communicate findings and make recommendations for improvement related to all activities that support the corporate, operational, quality, and contractual objectives of Government Programs.
Delta Dental of Iowa provides dental and vision insurance to more than 1.2 million Iowans. As a not-for-profit insurance company, our mission is to improve the health and smiles of the people we serve. We give back to Iowa communities by supporting and funding health and wellness initiatives that make a measurable difference in the overall health of underserved Iowans. Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Love where you work!
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Government Programs contract requirements, deliverables, and overall goals.
- Collaboratively work with internal stakeholders to identify informatics, reporting requirements, and desired outcomes measurement.
- Assist in the development, analyzing and distributing of reports and analysis related to DWP, DWP Kids and Hawki contract deliverables, including ad hoc data requests.
- Perform deep dive analysis to effectively translate broad data sets into performance insight, present findings and recommendations to multiple levels of management.
- Provide leadership and work with the outreach team for the development and analysis of outreach reports and program improve plans that will be used for DWP, DWP Kids and Hawki.
- Provide leadership for the completion of data elements for the monthly and quarterly reports. Work with other staff to ensure reports are completed timely. Assist in the creation and management of all required reporting and analysis that contribute to the overall management and success of DWP and Hawki and other initiatives with the client.
- Analyze data to derive business insights and identify potential issues, drive communication and resolution.
- Serve as the lead for PreViser and provide technical assistance to internal staff, DWP providers and DWP members.
- Utilize Business Objects, SQL, and other tools to mine database(s) for analytic data.
- Support the Government Programs team to ensure appropriate metrics are developed, analyzed and distributed to monitor and ensure contract compliance.
- Collaborate with other business areas and decision makers to create and propose recommendations for program and process enhancements.
- Effectively communicate results to stakeholders.
- Ensure department knowledge and compliance with contractual and regulatory filings related to the DWP, DWP Kids and Hawki.
- Promote the service quality efforts of the corporation and demonstrate a commitment to developing a team environment with all other company team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, or related field with three to five years work experience in population health, financial, or operational data analysis.
- Insurance or government program experience is strongly preferred, dental experience a plus.
- Must possess superior math and impact analysis skills.
- Ability to work as an analytical, problem solver who can make high quality judgments and decisions quickly with excellent organization skills to work across functions, with internal leadership, and external customers.
- Experience using critical thinking skills working with results, metrics and data management and desire to create and build new processes.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively on project teams, as well as independently.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills working with all levels of employees, including Leadership.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and strong working knowledge of database environments required.
- Previous Business Objects and SQL experience preferred.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
EEOC Poster Supplement