DEPARTMENT: Community Services
POSITION TITLE: Homeless Youth Services Coordinator
LOCATION: Greenfield (requires travel)/Remote Work from Home
SUPERVISOR: Continuum of Care Program Director
As part of the Three County Continuum of Care (CoC), this position will coordinate the Homeless Youth Services contract through the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) and implement aspects of the Youth Homelessness Demonstration Project’s (YHDP) Community Plan in Franklin County and beyond in an effort to end youth homelessness in Berkshire, Hampshire, and Franklin Counties.
The EOHHS contract operates in Franklin, Hampshire, and Berkshire counties in collaboration with partners. The Coordinator will work with sub grantees to ensure compliance and reporting with EOHHS funds and to coordinate efforts to address ending youth homelessness in our region.
Coordinate the Homeless Youth Services contract through EOHHS:
- Participate in EOHHS state contract management meetings.
- Engage in State level Advocacy work to connect systems level approaches to on the ground program implementation.
- Provide program site monitoring to EOHHS funded projects.
- Review, submit and monitor EOHHS quarterly reporting.
- Provide coordination of EOHHS partner agencies in providing core services to unaccompanied homeless youth.
- Update and train partner agency staff on protocols.
- Monitor EOHHS data collection and reporting tools.
- Participate in and coordinate EOHHS sub-grantees participation in efforts related to the implementation of the Massachusetts State Plan to End Youth Homelessness, including participating in the Unaccompanied Homeless Youth Committee monthly meetings for the Western Mass Network to End Homelessness.
- Support & Ensure timely and accurate data collection for EOHHS funded partner agencies and prepare monthly data reports including monitoring outcomes.
- Ensure required data and reports are adequately prepared in a timely manner and meet funding requirements.
- Responsible for program evaluation, communications, and reporting; and participate in EOHHS statewide meetings and training.
- Manage fiscal and contract responsibilities including regular reporting.
Coordinate the implementation of the YHDP Coordinated Community Plan:
- Track the Plan’s Goals, Objectives, and implementation.
- Work with the CoC Coordinated Entry process and implementation of a coordinated entry system for youth.
- Support the implementation of data collection tracking and reporting.
- Support and Track the YHDP projects adherence to overall goals and facilitate a committee to support the Continuous Quality Improvement process.
- Coordinate and lead the Annual youth count.
- Develop and conduct an annual report for youth need and outcomes measurements as determined by the YHDP Coordinated Community Plan.
- Develop and facilitate collaborative activities throughout the Three County area with area stakeholders surrounding the needs of homeless youth.
- Lead Community efforts to develop County Youth Action Boards and help to create structure and development of their governance and adherence to the CoC committee structure.
- Participate in and facilitate CoC committee meetings as needed.
- Work as a team with Continuum staff to support, enhance and promote communication and consistency in the delivery of services.
- Stay informed of CoC funding and program administration guidelines.
- Research and apply for and/or support partner agencies in applying for funds to provide programming informed by the Youth Homelessness Demonstration project’s Coordinated Community Plan.
Overall staff responsibilities:
- Take an active leadership role in valuing and promoting different perspectives and opinions and approaches throughout the agency.
- Take an active role in creating and promoting a culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- When?schedule requires remote work,?expected to be available for meetings, calls, responding to emails, and conducting regular duties.?
- Required to travel regularly throughout the CoC Service area, to all Community Action sites and service locations, and occasionally out of the service area.?
- Comply with agency and funders’ paperwork requirements and procedures.
- Attend regularly scheduled supervision and program meetings.
- Attend mandatory agency training and other relevant training.
- Participate in professional development activities and team meetings.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required & assigned by Program Director of Continuum of Care.
This does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be adjusted to meet the operational needs of the program and the agency.