For over 40 years Bellwether Housing has been Seattle's largest, and most respected, non-profit organization, providing affordable housing for low-income individuals and families. Bellwether Housing offers an uplifting work environment with a diverse group of talented professionals who are committed to our mission and values of creativity, collaboration, ambition, warm-heartedness, and professionalism.
Please note: This position will require a hybrid of time between our Seattle office and remote. Candidate must be based in the local Seattle vicinity.
- Recruit all levels of positions for Bellwether Housing, exempt and non-exempt
- Create and maintain a pipeline for qualified candidates in selected disciplines to fulfill existing positions and future positions as they are identified
- Identify and assess a diverse candidate pool and manage candidates through the full lifecycle of the recruitment process
- Negotiate with Hiring Managers to create competitive offers for top candidates
- Develop your knowledge based on Bellwether Housings mission, culture and the needs in the non-profit sector
- For new requisitions, partner with the hiring manager to create, edit job descriptions and adapt preexisting job descriptions based on organization needs
- Responsible for maintaining Paylocity Applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Serve as the main recruitment point of contact for all candidates
- Schedule and coordinate all interviews with hiring team and candidate
- Execution of recruitment social media presence with approval from HR Manager and Communication Director, using all current branded materials as identified by the Communications Director
- Advise HR leadership regarding recruitment budgeting needs
- Develop, implement and maintain qualitative and quantitative recruiting metrics, identify trends and forecast recruiting and staffing needs based upon current and past data; Develop related presentations for Leadership Team and Board of Trustees
- Actively develop and participate in internal and external recruiting activities (job fairs, visiting Career Service Centers, etc.)
- Monitor social media feedback presence of the organization (Example: Glassdoor, Indeed reviews) and escalate to leadership Team to respond as needed
- Coach hiring managers on interview techniques, implicit and unintentional biases
- Provide appropriate coaching and development feedback to Hiring Managers and Interviewers
- Develop and implement a recruiting strategy with a equity, inclusive and anti-racist lens
- Develop and maintain internal and external recruiting collateral (Referral form, Application for Employment, Recruiting fliers, etc.)
- Develop and maintain an interview bank of questions, both general and role specific
- Initiate and execute recruiting related projects in partnership with HR team members
- Serve as the first line ambassador for Bellwether Housing for all candidates
- Local travel 10-25% for site visits and recruiting events
- Initiate, audit and extend independent contract agreements as needed to remain compliant
- Build and maintain relationships with staffing agencies in the area; determine which firms meet our business needs; monitor the performance of the staffing agencies to ensure they are meeting agreed to levels of service
- Act as the primary point of contact for staffing agencies; coordinate onboarding and scheduling temporary workers
- If required, facilitate the conversion of a temporary working to a regular employee
- Help manage expectations, assignment length, and offboarding of temporary workers in coordination with the agency
- Provide timely feedback to staffing agencies related to performance of temporary workers
- Negotiate competitive bill rates and source niche Staffing and Executive Agencies as needed
- Proactively manage temporary staffing and independent contractor start and end dates
- Partner with HR Generalists and Hiring Managers to identify temporary staffing needs for extended leaves.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of in-house recruiting experience in a high growth company or full cycle recruiting at a high-volume placement agency that required exceptional hiring manager interaction and joint decision making
- Skilled with technology and comfortable with all data and reporting operations within an applicant tracking systems (ATS)
- Tenured experience developing scalable recruiting plans, strategies, metrics from scratch
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to think critically and creatively to solve problems
- Ability to work with management to create a positive and thorough recruitment process for all candidates
- Ability to handle multiple open, 1-off requisitions, projects and candidates simultaneously under minimal supervision
- Ability to use multiple channels to successfully source and recruit including, but not limited to cold calling, networking, social media channels and attending job fairs
- Proven ability and willingness to recruit diverse candidates
- Strong data based and intuitive decision-making ability
- Engaged and considerate team player
- Self-starter that works well independently with stellar results
- Organized and detail-oriented with superb time management skills
- Professional, win-win oriented negotiation skills
- Experience with recruiting and sourcing through community-based networks and non-profit organizations
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Coaching and people development leadership skills
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Anti-racism, Accessibility Certification or equivalent experience
- Proficient with Paylocity ATS system
Other Position Requirements
- A valid driver’s license is required for this position.
- Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
Compensation: $68k-$80k Depending on experience
Location: This position will require a hybrid of time between our Seattle office and remote. Candidate must be based in the local Seattle vicinity.
Benefits: Bellwether Housing provides 24 days of PTO in the first year of employment for all employees working over 20 hours per week. We have a 403(b)-retirement plan with immediate eligibility for employee contributions and employer matching after 15 months of service; three medical plans to choose from, one with an employer funded HSA; dental; vision; flexible spending accounts, long-term disability; employer paid life insurance; and commuter benefits.
Please Note: Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
Bellwether Housing is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, including the diversity of thought and experience. We are committed to building an open and inclusive culture for all employees. We consider all applicants without regard to education, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, skills, and level of experience. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply.