Greenville University is seeking a graduate assistant to join our Athletics Department. Responsibilities include working with an offensive position, special teams, recruiting, film break down and other duties as assigned by the head coach.
Compensation includes a stipend, meals, and a tuition waiver for a master’s program at Greenville University.
To be eligible for the Graduate Assistant position, applicants must complete the graduate program application, receive provisional acceptance, and enroll in a Greenville University graduate program. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship as all Greenville University Graduate Programs are offered online only.
- Recruit approximately 10 students through enrollment at Greenville College
- Individually manage database of 100-300 prospective students in a particular geographic area
- assist in coordination of overall recruit database management
- enter new recruits into database; ensure first contact mailing/call
- Phone Calls - Email
- On-campus visits – Fitness Center/Football Facility tours; Campus tours; Lunch host
- Off-Campus visits - Home visits; High School visits
- Retain approximately 10 students using the following methods:
- EMAP Groups (small groups)
- Develop Relationships - Bible Study / Discipleship - Academic Counsel
- Football Coaching
- Coach a position on the field - Game planning weekly - Practice planning daily
- Work with the Coordinator of their position to develop opponent film-breakdown and scouting reports
- Game Day management
- Assist in coordination of statistics and film crew for home and away games (as needed)
- Assist in coordination of clothing/souvenir concessions
- Work with Basketball to manage food concession stand
- Football Camps
- Work at Football Camps
- Assist in coordination of Team Football Camp; 7 on 7 Tournament; Individual Skills Camps
- Travel planning - Trip and Pre-season Camp logistics - Fundraising
- Distribute Game apparel weekly
- Repair/Replace practice apparel as necessary
- Repair/Replace field equipment as necessary
- Oversee set-up and take-down of practice field
- Manage laundry facility and laundry
- Maintain equipment room
- Attend professional development seminars and workshops during spring and summer
Education or Certification:
Bachelors Degree and acceptance into Greenville University Graduate Program
Greenville University's Mission:
Greenville University is liberal arts University that empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies Our hiring practices reflect our commitment to be a Christ-centered institution.
Greenville University's Commitment to Diversity:
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The university is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church, yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu.