Streetsense seeks a highly motivated, experienced event professional to join our talented Marketing Team. The Director of Events + Activations is a detail-oriented person with experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment and is responsible for implementing and overseeing events and multi-faceted experiential projects for Streetsense as whole and for our roster of clients. A successful candidate must be a strategic, creative, and solutions-focused thinker, with strong executional prowess needed to bring events and activations to life, and ready to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. These cutting-edge events include the activation of unique, open spaces, property and product launches and other corporate and sponsored events.
While Streetsense works to build out our Events + Activations practice, this role is a team of one (with support from the rest of the broader Marketing team). However, there is huge opportunity to grow and nurture additional team members as the Events + Activations work picks up.
Reports to the Managing Director of Marketing
- Creative concepting for one-of-a-kind events and activations designed to showcase Streetsense’s unique approach to placemaking and brand architecture.
- Work with key stakeholders from across the organization to bring these unique experiences to life for our communities and our clients.
- Proactively monitor our communities for opportunities to showcase our experiential vision through events and activations in key markets, including DC, New York, Bethesda, LA, and beyond.
- Establish a strong community relations presence and work to create value-driven engagements that further the good work of our clients.
- Work with teams across the organization to ensure the vision for our organization and/or client is being met.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining key event documents including project directives, budget, run of show, work back schedule, contact lists and more.
- Manage all facets of pre-event production, onsite management, and post-event breakdown.
- Able to oversee/execute multiple events from beginning to end, often occurring simultaneously.
- Create and manage complex event budgets, from concept to execution to ensure profitability.
- Work with key stakeholders to conduct venue scouting and selection.
- Serve as production lead with all vendors including location, food, drink, design/décor, fabricators, audio, lighting, photographers and staffing.
- Work with the Marketing team in securing talent and/or influencers that bring on-brand exposure to these experiences.
- Work with other Marketing Team leads in the development of holistic marketing plans, owning the development of campaign event strategy and integrating with other marketing channels.
- Work with Marketing Team leads in the creation of proposal language and pricing for events + activations aspects of marketing services.
- Work in tandem with account teams to manage and handle client communications as needed.
- Work with Marketing team on creative content for post event follow-up across all Streetense social channels.