Position: Cook Substitute
Hours Per Week: As assigned
Supervisor: Cook Coordinator
Location: As assigned
Prepare and serve breakfast, lunch and snack to children and teaching staff in center based sites. Prepare meals for special events such as parent meetings and other program meetings. Maintain a high standard of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety in the preparation, handling, and storage of food and equipment.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED, 1 year cooking experience in a food service setting, Serv-Safe Certification and Allergen Awareness Certification.
Essential Requirements and Responsibilities:
· Prepare all meals and snacks in accordance with program policies, state and federal regulations with guidance from Cook Coordinator and Nutrition Specialist.
· Follow planned monthly menu as reviewed with Cook Coordinator. Any menu changes need to be reported to the Cook Coordinator.
· Complete daily production logs and other paperwork required by the CACFP and the program.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, load, and unload food for delivery.
· Conduct regular daily inspections of kitchen and storage areas, ensuring a high level of sanitation, safety, and cleanliness.
· Must have reliable transportation to program sites.
· Maintain a good working relationship with all program staff.
· Obtain and maintain Serv-Safe Certification.
· Maintains good in-house relationships with all other staff members and with providers.
· Adheres to agency confidentiality policies.
· Must display cultural competence and be sensitive to the needs of families with lower incomes.
· Submit documentation of physical exam within the past year, plus verification of MMR and TB risk upon hire and subsequently every two years.
· Adhere to agency confidentiality policies.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is required to stand for long periods of time, walk, talk, use a keyboard and climb stairs. The employee must be able to lift 50 plus pounds. The employee must have the ability to drive a personal vehicle and program vehicles, as needed. The noise and activity level in the kitchen may be moderately high. There is occasional exposure to outdoor weather.
Employment is contingent upon the following: a satisfactory Background Record Check (BRC) which includes Criminal Offender Record (CORI), Department of Children and Families (DCF) background check, a Sex Offender Registry (SORI), and -based national and state criminal history check. BRC and fingerprinting-based national and state criminal history check is to be completed every three years. In addition, employment is contingent on evidence of physical exam within the past year, plus verifications of MMRs and TB. Documentation of subsequent physical exams must be submitted every 2 years. Must have evidence of a good driving record and ability to be covered under Community Action’s non-owned and hired vehicle policy.
EMPLOYEE NAME (PRINT)