For 45 years, CSD has worked to empower deaf and hearing people through a wide range of services and in return, more deaf people are able to acquire meaningful jobs and skills while changing the perception of what deaf people can do. In the process, CSD has evolved into a large organization with a top-notch team of ASL-fluent financial experts, HR specialists, computer experts, web engineers, marketing geniuses, designers, writers, teachers, and the like. CSD Professional Services is an extension of CSD’s original goal: fostering job creation and skills development for deaf people so all of us can succeed together. Through its Professional Services initiative, CSD’s highly skilled and experienced resources work closely with its partners and customers to maximize their capacity for success.
The CSD Professional Services Vice President of Business Development is a highly collaborative, influential, and experienced senior leader that oversees the conversion of leads and opportunities into contracts, the successful best-in-class delivery of requested services, and the performance and profitability of CSD Professional Services. The Vice President is the lead representative and ambassador of CSD Professional Services, ensuring that the mission, vision, and corporate direction are effectively represented and translated into business-oriented developments.
With a wide range of subject matter experts within CSD’s Finance, Technology, Training, HR, and Marketing Departments, CSD is well positioned to offer two types of professional services for its partners and customers.
- CSD will partner with for-profit companies, federal agencies, and state/local governments to identify and address deaf employee and/or customer accessibility challenges, assess the user experience and adoption of their products and services within the deaf community, and optimize the marketing of their products, service, and programmatic offerings to the deaf community.
- CSD will partner with Deaf owned businesses, deaf led non-profit agencies with missions focused on deaf services, and educational institutions serving deaf students to address their day-to-day business administrative, operational, and programmatic needs and challenges through consulting services, mentoring support, and professional services from ASL fluent subject matter experts.
- Creates, strategizes, and supports efforts that further develop new or existing opportunities within CSD Professional Services and CSD as a whole
- Serves as an innovative thought leader for current and future business development initiatives
- Provides leadership, mentorship, and direction to Business Development employees within the CSD Professional Services department
- Provides business development direction, strategy, and management of the Professional Services program, with a key focus on expanding revenue and supporting service offerings; Captures prospective and market needs and trends and consults with executive leadership and internal teams for solution development
- Drives efforts to successfully convert leads and opportunities into formal proposals and ultimately into signed professional service contracts
- Oversees efforts to optimize the health of internal and external projects for the purpose of achieving the successful delivery and fulfillment of CSD’s professional services commitments
- Oversees continuous evaluation of each phase of growth as it relates to employees, resources, methodology, and technology within CSD Professional Services
- Brainstorms, innovates and creates varying avenues of services currently not known or performed within/for the deaf community by developing forward-thinking strategic plans and collaborating with SMEs throughout CSD
- Research accounts, pursues leads, and follows through to a successful agreement in targeted markets within the Corporate and Government space as well as small and medium businesses especially deaf owned/led organizations
- Develops and oversees business strategy, tactical marketing, sales initiatives, and overall business development direction of the CSD Professional Services program
- Identifies and executes methods to enhance sales and marketing efficiencies by following the latest industry developments and staying current on corporate competitors
- Leads the proposal and RFP process for identified opportunities
- Develops new and maintains existing client businesses for CSD Professional Services by pursing business opportunities with strategic targets and cultivating the development of positive, long lasting relationships
- Understands and utilizes marketing strategies to attract businesses within target markets, companies, projects, and contacts towards CSD’s professional services offerings
- Collaborates with CSD’s marketing team to innovatively strategize on marketing efforts tailored to generate more opportunities for CSD Professional Services
- Conducts services audits and operational effectiveness reviews to ensure processes and efforts are applied as designed, operating successfully, and services are provided in accordance with contractual standards
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Superior communication skills, both written and ASL; ability to communicate information and deliver pitches and presentations in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Ability to work efficiently in and motivate a collaborative, cross-functional virtual environment of diverse stakeholders
- Ability to see the big picture while maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent conflict resolution and risk mitigation skills
- Service delivery and project management expertise in a virtual business-to-business and customer service environment
- Ability to demonstrate the values of the organization and champion CSD’s products, services, and support of the global community
- Experience with project management and CRM tools; ability to learn new technological systems quickly
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Business Analytics or related field from an accredited college or university; or equivalent professional experience. Master’s degree (PREFERRED)
- Seven+ years of professional experience in business management in a leadership capacity
- Demonstrable evidence of success in past marketing or sales roles
- Ability to communicate effectively using American Sign Language
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
This position is largely self-directed and requires understanding and compliance with company policies, procedures, and values. The position works in a virtual office environment utilizing a computer and standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required interact collaboratively with the team and stakeholders, and communicate via phone, videophone, or text messaging. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The position may require travel up to 10%.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability status, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.