SCOPE OF POSITION
The Director of Videography will work to create vision and branding for Cascade Public Media’s local video production seen through Crosscut/KCTS9. They bring strong professional experience in story development, video production, content strategy and technology. They manage a team of video producers in the creation of short-form scripted series, long-form documentary and mini-docs for social media and interstitial broadcast presence.
Salary range: $75,000-$82,000
Benefits information can be found here.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly oversee the team of senior video producers and video producers
- Greenlight pitches, oversee story development
- Work directly with video team to create scripted series, long-form documentary and mini-docs.
- Work with design team to create branding for each series that fits with CPM’s look and feel.
- Manage video production meetings, daily check-ins and enforce deadlines
- Responsible for production equipment allocation, equipment budget and story budgets
- Liaise with company’s legal department and outside counsel regarding various rights issues
- Support the Sponsorship team to help them secure underwriting for original video series and any other video content that can be packaged.
- Support with the Digital Product and Marketing teams to evolve new digital experiences, special projects, and promotional campaigns.
- Work with Crosscut and KCTS9’s audience engagement teams to deliver strategically placed content to social media platforms.
- Create a culture of mutual respect, support and collaboration across departments, within Cascade Public Media
- Develop an effective and efficient workflow for CPM visual storytelling
- Inspire and mentor our video team to advance through timely and constructive input, and professional development opportunities
- Develop a culture where data is used daily to measure performance of our local content, and to inform story angles, experimentation and future planning
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.