Compensation: $15.00 per hour plus tips
Are you adept at providing quick, purposeful service in a fast-paced environment? Do you embrace the true meaning of being part of a team? Do you enjoy hands-on work in a service-oriented environment?
The award-winning event spaces of Journeyman Distillery are open for the business of making memories. Our team of professionals has a knack for bringing private events to life in and around our historic Featherbone factory. While the surroundings and ambiance set the stage, it is our Events Services staff that really makes the magic happen.
As an Event Bartender, you will provide quick, efficient service, allowing the guests to focus on the people and the occasion they came for. Before their arrival, you'll account for every detail, ensuring the first impression is just right. Then, as the event proceeds, you'll provide courteous drink service, meeting the needs of each guest, and graciously answering inquiries about Journeyman, our products, our facilities, and our history.
All team members must uphold and embody Journeyman’s Core Values which represent the culture, attitude, and immediate priorities ensuring our cohesion and success.
- Having a positive attitude that no challenge is too great
- Understanding that goals worth pursuing are never easy; that perseverance, grit, and determination are essential to success
- There is no substitute for grit and putting in the time and effort. Good things will come from those efforts
- 10,000-hour rule. Malcom Gladwell: it takes 10,000 hours of intensive practice to be great
ALWAYS A JOURNEYMAN
- Excellence is a lifelong pursuit and mastery is an illusion
- The joy is in the daily work and pursuit of excellence, not in the final destination
- A focus on continual improvement and doing our best
- Treating every customer with the mindset that they are the business’s 1st ever customer
- Treating customers with authenticity, kindness, warmth, care, friendliness; engaging, helpful and willing to offer a magical experience
- Clean facilities
- Being available to the customer and timely responses in any capacity
- This mindset extends to our vendors, suppliers, partners, and especially our fellow employees
- Never take the customer or employee for granted
- 362 and 59:59+ We are open to our customers 362 days a year and we set an unwavering standard of serving our customers up till the last closing second 59:59+ and beyond if needed.
- Taking pride and ownership in your work
- Engagement and active participation in your work and company activities
- Being a positive force in the workplace; creating a culture of positivity
- Extending common courtesy to self, employees, vendors, and guests
- Being an evangelist and promoter of the company and brand
Basic Function: Ensure that all events guests receive immediate attention, serve their beverage requests promptly and courteously. Ensure that guests are not ignored at any time throughout their dining and event experience.
At Journeyman Distillery, we believe hard work and dedication deserve to be rewarded. To that end, we provide a comprehensive benefits and incentives package.
Here’s a peek at what you will receive as a Journeyman employee:
- Outstanding Growth Opportunity!
- Paid Time Off – begins accruing on Day 1
- 401(k) with Employer Match available Day 1
- Medical Insurance – 30+ hours/week
- Dental, Vision, Life, Supplemental Insurance options – 20+ hours/week
- Free Monthly Bottle of Spirit (21+)
- Unlimited $300 Referral Bonuses
- Loyalty Incentives (ask about our 5-Year Bottle Reward!)
- 25% Employee Discount
- Monthly Founders' Tour with Bill and Johanna Welter
- Annual Employee Putting Competition
- 3 Annual Employee Parties
- Shoes for Crews (Affordable Footwear)
- Review Event Sheets and floorplan at the beginning of each shift to ensure the room is set as contracted.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails.
- Prepare syrups, juices, prepare kegs, and any other mixers necessary.
- Restock the bar with syrups, liquor, glassware, juices, etc. Make sure that everything is at the bar, and that there are enough backups for shift.
- Check customer identification to confirm they are above the legal drinking age.
- Keep bar area clean and wiped for arrival of new guests along with keeping the workspace clean throughout the duration of your shift.
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations.
- Uses the proper garnishes, china and glassware for all beverages.
- Be in communication with the Event Manager or lead sever regarding any special needs.
- Assist in ensuring that the events are on time. Make adjustments as needed and relay that information to the appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring work area(s) are stocked with items that will be needed while on shift.
- Handle and count cash, make accurate change, record credit cards from guests, as client charges.
- Verify the accuracy of prices, State and Federal taxes, tips and other charges on all guest checks and accurately operate the point of sale system.
- Maintain responsibility for all guest checks issued and immediately notify your supervisor of any walk-outs.
- Ensure that event spaces are re-set for next event contract.
- Assist with the keeping of inventory of all equipment in order and stored in their appropriate areas.
- Work with supervisors and utilities to transport any and all items needed for an outdoor event not within the distillery facility and tent areas.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the distillery.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND VISUAL SKILLS:
- Ability to visually inspect food and beverage orders, read order forms and ensure that orders comply with the customer’s request.
- Ability to stand for 6-8 hours.
- Ability to perform moderate physical work; may be required to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, up to 30 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds of food trays carrying over their head constantly and performing such activities as bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping for up to five hours without sitting.
EDUCATIONAL, DEVELOPMENT AND WORK-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage service preparation and operational procedures as would normally be acquired through a high school education and at least one year of relevant experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of state liquor laws as applied to food and beverage service operational practices and procedures as would be acquired through and at least one year of relevant experience preferred in progressively responsible position.