PKF Mueller is a certified public accounting and business consulting firm located in the Chicago metropolitan area with offices in Elgin, Orland Park, Chicago, Naperville, IL and Sarasota, FL. Since 1968, the Firm has provided accounting, tax, assurance, and management consulting services, to privately held and publicly traded companies, local governments, and not-for-profit organizations within a wide variety of industries.
Our Firm is a reflection of years of listening and caring for our clients. We are proud of the professional and personal relationships developed within our communities. Through growth and partnerships, we have blossomed from a regional firm to an organization that provides services worldwide.
According to Accounting Today, PKF Mueller is a top 200 ranked firm, listed as the 147th largest and one of the “Top Firms in the Great Lakes Area.” The Firm is also the 15th largest accounting firm in the Chicago Metropolitan area, according to Crain’s Chicago Business. Additionally, PKF Mueller has been recognized as a “Best Places to Work in Illinois” for the last 12 years.
The Business Intelligence Consultant (BI) at PKF Mueller is responsible for leveraging internal and external data to develop a solution infrastructure for our clients. You will proactively develop data and modeling solutions that enable actionable insights and recommendations to stakeholders. The position is also responsible for developing standards of practice around data retrieval, data manipulation, data reporting, data visualization and data analytics.
- Compiles, cleans, organizes, and analyzes complex data to understand business results.
- Makes business insights derived from data and analytics accessible to those without technical skills.
- Supports translation of data that enables client internal data to be processed with vended tools.
- Provides technical and data modeling expertise to the team.
- Focuses on the conception, design and implementation of the software architecture and develop solutions for our customers.
- Assists in software implementations and consulting as it pertains to the business environment.
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Data Science, Information Systems, Computer Science, or comparable qualifications.
- 2-5 years of prior experience.
- General knowledge of the accounting and finance industry.
- Working experience in business and/or data analytics, development methodologies (waterfall, agile, or hybrid process) and delivery and/or support functionalities.
- Experience with code or low to no-code technologies and use and development of staging areas.
- Preferred knowledge in java, SQL, Python, R, and/or Power BI.
- Experience documenting processes and SOW’s and familiar with methods of data governance.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Customer Oriented.
- Demonstrates an understanding of increasingly complex concepts and effectively apply knowledge to client situations.
- Willingness to continuously grow and develop.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, time-sensitive environment and prioritize work independently to reach goals and deadlines.
- Ability to recognize areas of opportunity through critical evaluation and identifying solutions.
- Valid Drivers License
- Have a strong personal dentification with Mueller firm values and intrinsic values in our industry - Proactive, Respect, Inspiring, Dedication, Enthusiasm – and the Heart of Our Culture, Trust and Integrity, among others.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package including a generous 401(k) match, 5 healthcare plans to choose from, dental, vision, commuter benefits, generous vacation, and much more.
PKF Mueller is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.