CDC Small Business Finance is a leading U.S. small business lender and award-winning nonprofit. Over the last four decades, CDC has provided more than $13 billion in loans to 11,000 entrepreneurs...and counting.
Unlike a traditional lender, we have the flexibility to offer affordable loans to a broader range of small business owners seeking financing for building purchases, major equipment and working capital, among other purposes.
As a non-profit organization, our mission is to support those who face the greatest obstacles in securing capital: women, minority and veteran-owned businesses. Our business loans have also played a critical role in bolstering economic development, helping create or preserve more than 180,000 jobs in California, Arizona and Nevada.
Provide financial analysis of loan applicants, assess risk, and recommend approval or declination. Work in conjunction with Loan Officers, Loan Processors, and Closing Analysts to produce approved and funded loan packages. Through accurate and consistent underwriting analysis, and by sharing credit knowledge with loan officers, promote quality loan production and maintain our integrity as an SBA certified lender.
- Provide general support to Loan Officers’ and Loan Processors by answering client and lender questions related to financial analysis as needed
- Review financial documentation for acceptability. Reconcile debt schedules and aging reports with balance sheets
- Create comparative spreadsheets using data from tax returns and financial statements. Modify spread to reflect the proposed project, mortgages, and future operations
- Determine if repayment ability is demonstrated
- Determine if financial position can support the proposed debt
- Analyze spreadsheet for identification of positive and/or negative financial trends, transactions, or events that would have bearing on the future operations and financial health of the applicant company as relates to the proposed loan
- Communicate results of the preliminary financial review and analysis based on the spreadsheet to the Loan Officer; point out any possible problems and assist the Loan officer in resolving them
- Prepare written credit memoranda including a financial narrative for submittal to SBA
- Make recommendation to internal loan reviewers and Board Loan Review Committee members for approval or declination of loan request
- Review current financial information on approved loans prior to debenture funding to identify or rule out adverse financial change
- Review current financial information on approved loans when total project and/or financing increases
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in commercial loan underwriting
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and remain organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or equivalent experience in financial analysis for commercial lending
- Medical, Dental, Insurance Plans for Employees and Family
- Paid Term Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Plans
- Paid Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance Plan
- Paid Employee Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care (Section 125)
- Competitive salary plus incentives; dependent on experience
CDC Small Business Finance is committed to an inclusive and diverse culture. We are passionate about creating a workplace that welcomes, promotes and values diversity. Our focus on a diverse culture elevates our work and helps us achieve greater impact. The result is a stronger and healthier work environment which leads to greater innovation and deeper insights. We view our decisions through an equitable lens to best support our mission to always realize an inclusive and diverse organization.