NJI is a wildly creative and strategically disciplined agency with offices in London, Washington, D.C. and Singapore. We work seamlessly across teams and time zones to align and deliver for our clients. We are looking for a “needle in the haystack” Global Account Director to join our London office. The ideal candidate will be a skilled strategist, communicator, marketer and project manager with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with strategic, creative, media, and technical teams to develop and manage complex campaigns, and ensure success.
This role will provide strategic oversight and guidance in the conception and delivery of innovative, creative solutions across all aspects of the ecosystem in service of a global marketing campaign. This individual will partner with the global creative team to understand the key levers and opportunities to scale strategic thinking and best practices, and work with internal teams and agency partners to ensure that research, measurement and analysis are all incorporated and integrated into strategic recommendations. This role requires multi-discipline understanding, working with functional teams both internal and client-side to deliver business targets.
Global Account Directors must have strong leadership, influence and collaboration skills as well as a close connection to the latest marketplace developments to advise our client on first-mover opportunities. You must be able to navigate a complex multinational client organization, bridging geographies and cultures. As a leader and marketplace advisor, this position includes high level client exposure. Facilitating peer-to-peer collaboration internally across teams is a key asset for this position.
- Partner with internal teams to ensure that all work-streams ladder up to actionable strategic recommendations and are in service of business targets
- Provide oversight, leadership, and partnership where required to elevate deliverables from a data, media measurement and analytics point of view – ensuring that the work-streams in play are in service of global brand growth
- Lead global media partnerships with both existing and emerging partners – Ensuring that we are extracting the most strategic and financial value from the media partners and that we are advancing a clear learning agenda in piloting new uses, formats, and data applications
- Lead & support digital and data media strategy and define a clear and specific role that digital media should play as part of an end-to-end consumer journey, sparking imaginative and innovative uses of digital media. This will involve close collaboration with clients and cross-functional agency teams as well as external stakeholders
- Influence a share, learn & reapply mindset across local markets – surfacing and sharing best practices, assessing gaps, and supporting local capabilities.
- Ability to package up recommendations into client executive ready presentations
- Manage a large team of account, strategy and digital marketing specialists
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (or equivalent) with a concentration in marketing, advertising, communications, with 10+ years of related experience
- Progressive levels of responsibility and business acumen in marketing and communications
- Deep digital expertise spanning paid, owned and earned channels as well as an understanding of how to connect a seamless consumer journey across the ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to establish high levels of trust and credibility internally and externally and influence others to action
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills – effectively presents formal POV internally and externally
- Strong leadership skills and ability to positively influence across a matrixed organization with an approachable and collaborative team orientation
- Demonstrated critical thinking skill and strong problem-solving skills – navigates effectively through difficult issues, builds required consensus to drive business needs and results
- High results orientation and able to effectively juggle and prioritize many competing demands from different clients/divisions working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ideally experience in public affairs, sovereign or federal government campaigns across numerous markets
- Demonstrated passion for design and creative
Oh, and thanks for reading this all the way through. To be clear, we’re not interested in hearing from recruiters, recruiters who claim not to be “recruiters,” headhunters, or staffing companies.