This position is based in our Tampa office located on beautiful Rocky Point. Only local candidates and those willing to relocate will be considered.
All parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. No sponsorship provided.
Overall responsibility: Azure Security Architect will design, review, and implement critical security solutions for Azure public cloud infrastructure. This position is a technical and an influential role with deep expertise in Azure security domains.
Azure Security Architect should be hands-on in all aspects of Azure security including implementing security controls and threat protection, managing identity and access management, defining organizational structure and policies, using Azure technologies to provide data protection, configuring network security defenses, collecting, and analyzing Azure logs, managing incident responses, and an understanding of regulatory concerns.
- Development and implementation of Azure security architectures for protecting PHI/PII/PCI data deployed into cloud, hybrid, and on-premises systems.
- Implement and configure security controls and policies, manage access to data, and monitor threats to ensure that apps, containers, infrastructure, and networks are protected.
- Manage operations within a cloud solution environment such as operations tasks, using cloud native tools, like Log Analytics, Azure Monitor and Azure Security Center or other monitoring tooling.
- Support Cloud engineers to implement security best-practices and enable secure development and release processes.
- Ensure data protection and compliance.
- Automate security controls, data, and processes to provide better metrics and operational support using security-as-code.
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AD) access to orchestrate multifactor authentication (MFA) and single sign-on (SSO).
- Setting up of Azure network security group.
- Good understanding of Azure data protection capabilities.
- Ability to configure Azure Security Center to function as Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) for Azure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the specific or related field.
Company / Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of financial institutions and financial data, preferably credit union or retail banking related a plus.
- Azure Security certification such as Azure Security Engineer Associate is a plus.
- Industry certification such as CISSP, CCSP is a plus.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building and maintaining secure cloud solutions.
- Proven experience with Azure security controls.
- Proven experience with Integrations among Applications, Secure APIs, defining end to end architecture for the applications portfolio.
- Understand agile and DevOps concepts in a security context.
- A deep understanding of networking, e.g., IP subnet, Network Security Groups, routing, Azure Firewall, ExpressRoute, load balancer, DNS.
- A deep understanding of configuring security policies and securing applications and data.
- Strong understanding with cloud capabilities and products and services for Azure, e.g., Azure Active Directory, Privileged Identity Management, VMs, Container Registry, Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS), Data Services, Key Vault.
- Strong familiarity with cloud native tools in Azure, e.g., Azure Monitor, Log Analytics, Azure Security Center.
- Experience with Azure DevOps Pipelines is preferred but other tools like Jenkins, Bamboo is a plus.
- Experience with Azure infrastructure orchestration tools (Azure Resource Manager) to automate and creation of staging, testing and production environments.
- Proficient in Linux system design, automation, and operation.