The HR & Workers Comp Administrator is responsible for working closely with HR management to perform HR related duties. This position is responsible for managing all work and non-work related injuries and illnesses to ensure employees, drivers and independent contractors are capable of performing the essential functions of their jobs; is responsible for all aspects of the Onboarding process and managing Leave of Absences. This position will also assist the Safety department as needed.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Understand and promote “The Hill Bros. Way”
- Process, record and manage workers compensation claims, files and program
- Process First Report of Injury notifications for worker's compensation and first aid only claims
- Maintain OSHA300 log following OSHA standards
- Review driver physicals and functional capacity testing results to ensure compliance with DOT and company standards
- Administer company DOT drug and alcohol testing program to ensure compliance with DOT regulations
- Process leave requests for all employees; coordinate return to work program with supervisor following company procedures
- Maintain medical diary on company employees following company procedures
- Administer company safety committee (HOST team) to comply with NE LB757 regulations
- Provide guidance to safety staff on tasks as needed
- Update insurance packets
- Conduct benefits presentation to new hires
- Process National Medical support Notices
- Create SOP’s for all processes and procedures affiliated with position
- Enforce Company policies and procedures
- Create presentations and perform HR & Safety training as needed
- Assist with employee behavioral issues, including written warning and separations, ensuring proper documentation
- Implement Onboarding process for new hires; maintain Onboarding module and make changes as needed
- Run reports and track completion of training modules and acknowledgements; send to necessary managers
- Update data in the various systems as required
- Work with and backup HR Specialist; assist other departments as needed
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
- Consistently report to work as required and complete normal work hours
- Comply with company policy and procedures
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Confidentiality - Maintains confidentiality of information at all times. Information only shared with "need to know" positions within the company.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company policies and procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Job Knowledge - The familiarity gained by sight, experience, or training.
- Motivation – Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Priority Setting - Refers to spending time and the time of others on what's important.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Work Quality - Refers to the effort that consistently achieves desired outcomes with a minimum of avoidable errors and problems.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Associates Degree in an HR related field or equivalent work experience
- HR or Workers Comp Certification preferred, but not required
A minimum of one year experience in an HR Workers Comp field or any similar combination of education and experience
Proficient with Word, Excel and Outlook
Proficient with HRIS system
Experience with TMW Suite helpful, but not required
OSHA regulation knowledge
DOT regulation knowledge
Knowledge of all federal, state and local laws and regulations