• Splice/terminate ribbon and loose tube fiber.
• Bond and ground fibers according to current specifications.
• Place both aerial and underground splice closures.
• Use fiber fusion splicing machines (including a mass fusion splicing machine) and
operate a variety of different OTDR and power meters.
• Perform testing utilizing OTDRs, Power Meter/Light Sources and VFLs. Record and
document testing per customer specifications. Previous experience with EXFO would
be very beneficial.
• Install and test pressurized and non-pressurized closures on all types and sizes of cable.
• Performs optical continuity and conformance testing.
• Prep/Splice single-mode (SM) and multi-mode (MM) optical fiber cables.
• Maintain equipment and vehicle to a high standard.
• Analyzes and troubleshoots basic technical problems or issues.
• Reviews and interpret drawings, splice schematics and testing documents.
• Performs tests, checks and maintenance of splicing and testing equipment.
• 3+ years of experience in fiber optic splicing including working with plans, splice
schematics, specifications and system documentation.
• Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal) and customer service
• Critical thinker capable of analyzing issues and solving problems.
• Thorough working knowledge of construction practices of fiber cable.
• Must be able to perform heavy physical work and perform duties in a safe and
• Must be capable of carrying a 24 foot ladder and wear fall protection when
• Work up to 6 days per week in an all -weather environment and be willing to travel
Competitive Total Compensation Package: Base Salary, Bonus and Benefits