• Assist Lead Splicer with testing and termination of ribbon and loose tube fiber.
• Bond and ground fibers according to current specifications.
• Place both aerial and underground splice closures.
• Use fiber fusion splicing machines (including a mass fusion splicing machine)
and operate a variety of different OTDR and power meters.
• Perform testing utilizing OTDRs, Power Meter/Light Sources and VFLs. Record
and document testing per customer specifications.
• 1-4 years of general construction work preferred.
• Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and customer service skills.
• Critical thinker capable of analyzing issues and solving problems.
• Must be able to perform heavy physical work and perform duties in a safe and
• Must be capable of carrying a 24 foot ladder and wear fall protection when
• Work up to 6 days per week in an all -weather environment and be willing to travel
• Pass a criminal background check, drug screening and a pre-employment physical.
• Valid Drivers License with good driving record.
• Must demonstrate working knowledge of hand tools.
• Must have good eyesight and be able to work with delicate objects.
Competitive Total Compensation Package: Base Salary, Bonus and Benefits