At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Software Engineer is responsible for contributing to the technical design and implementing software projects in accordance with the Company’s architecture strategy and vision.
- Participates in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies under the direction of Senior or Architect level engineers.
- Participates in code reviews and pull requests.
- Participates in the design of and implements complex backend algorithms.
- Optimizes the Company’s platforms with scale and performance testing and monitoring.
- Enables collaboration via “just enough requirements” to facilitate delivery of running tested code.
- Participates in cross-team collaboration and knowledge sharing via guilds, cross-team design sessions, code and reviews.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience working on teams delivering software products in an agile environment that practices continuous integration and continuous delivery is required.
- Experience with domain driven design and implementing microservices is preferred.
- Experience with at least one common programming language such as Java, C#, .Net, SQL Server or Python and learning other languages is required.
- Experience with BDD, TDD, and pair programming is required.
- Experience with version control with systems like Git and pulling request workflows is required.
- Experience with relational data stores like PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MS SQL is required.
- Experience with CI/CD concepts is required.
- Experience with Cloud providers like GCP, AWS, Azure and/or large scale private cloud is preferred.
- Full stack web development experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field is preferred.
- Certifications or licensure: Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 2 to 5 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Paid Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.