General Position Summary:
The Investment Assistant is responsible for providing general and administrative support for Schnitzer West’s management team, as well as assisting in the management in accordance with Schnitzer West policies and the Property Management Agreement for the property.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
1. Tenant Relations
- Serve as primary contact for tenant service requests, coordinate service calls with building engineers, maintain tenant service logs, and coordinate meetings.
- Respond to tenant requests promptly and assist in answering tenant questions and resolving tenant concerns.
- Track and maintain certificates of insurance, ensure compliance with tenant leases.
- Prepare and maintain tenant contact information and mailing lists for all properties.
- Assist in cultivating positive tenant relations; help in planning events.
- Provide full administrative support, including phone support, correspondence, mailings, filing, scheduling meetings, documenting meeting minutes, greeting visitors, managing team calendars, coordinating travel, and all general office administration duties.
- Maintain lease files, vendor files, property files.
- Generate information using Word and Excel; run reports from Schnitzer West management programs as necessary or requested.
3. Vendor Coordination
- Assist with preparation and administration of vendor contracts and performing property walk-through with vendors when necessary.
- Coordinate and collect bids for recurring and non-recurring work.
- Track and maintain certificates of insurance, ensure compliance with vendor requirements.
- Assist in administering fire-life-safety programs as necessary.
4. Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Code all property invoices for approval.
- Process expense reports.
- Review and reconcile vendor invoices with purchase orders/quotes, code invoices and assist project accountant in obtaining necessary invoice approvals.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Monitor tenant delinquencies and conduct collection calls as needed.
- Assist with special projects or other administrative assignments as needed.
- Maintain space available list and log, assist with the production of flyers and brochures for marketing, and coordinate special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Skills:
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills, including filing, and follow-through capabilities.
- Ability to handle details accurately and appropriately.
- Unfailing commitment to customer service, including ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people and personalities.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to use tact and diplomacy in sensitive situations.
- Ability to deal with interruptions effectively and successfully perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to prioritize and reprioritize as necessary.
- Efficiently manage time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Education and Experience:
Four-year degree preferred; higher education or vocational training specializing in business or computer skills required. Real estate background helpful. Prior office experience required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to talk and must be able to read. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate consisting of usual business office sounds including but not limited to computers, printers, telephones, and light traffic.
The Company’s vision, mission, promise, culture, values and goals are at the heart of every decision made. The Company takes pride in and fiercely protects its 5 core fundamental values:
- Disciplined – Prepare for anything. Anticipate, ask questions and clarify. Own every moment. Don’t run from risk; mitigate it to create value. Keep your eye on the prize while obsessing over the details.
- Driven – Work with passion and ambition. Be relentless and work with urgency.
- Bold – Pioneer true innovation and be motivated by the unknown. Thrive in uncertainty to outperform the expected.
- Authentic – Work without ego and be a doer, not a talker. Be fair but candid and always willing and able to roll up your sleeves.
- ‘Cowboy Family’ – Be all in with the firm; pushing and protecting each other to achieve greatness and exceed all expectations. Take pride in being a difference maker and for making a material impact.
This unwavering focus makes the Company a recognized and well-respected vanguard in the industry and maintains the framework that allows for superior communications, sound and decisive decision making, diversity of thought, and unparalleled business practices, rigor and innovation.
Schnitzer West is an Equal Opportunity Employer.