Position: Accounts Payable Clerk
Salary Range: $40,000 – 44,000
Business Unit: Finance
Reports To: Manager of Accounts Payable
Posted: May 27 – June 10, 2021
Funding Status: 100 % Admin
About Philadelphia Works, Inc.
Philadelphia Works, Inc is the City’s Workforce Development Board. We are a quasi-public, non-profit organization serving both career seekers and employers. We invest public resources in a variety of workforce solutions. These solutions connect Philadelphia residents with employment and training opportunities and help employers find, grow, and retain local talent. For more information about our dedicated board members and staff, workforce news, labor market data, services, innovative initiatives, and current opportunities to connect, please visit www.philaworks.org.
This position supports overall Accounts Payable (A/P) function by reviewing and processing invoices for payment.
Remote on-boarding available, position is remote until company returns to office post covid.
Effective January 3, 2022, Philadelphia Works requires all employees to be vaccinated with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
· Review and code vendor and employee travel reimbursement invoices for satisfactory payment approval. Coding vendor consists of allocating to specific grant fund source utilizing the chart of account codes and budget allocation worksheet.
· Investigate and resolve invoice discrepancies.
· Enter vendor and subcontractor invoices in the general ledger.
· Perform maintenance to invoices as necessary.
· Process and print checks and maintain register reports using Accounts Payable system and Excel.
· Ensure all Philadelphia Works vendors are paid monthly by maintaining vendor spreadsheet.
· Update and distribute subcontractor and vendor aging report.
· Interact with various Philadelphia Works department personnel to follow-up on invoice and employee reimbursement discrepancies.
· Compile financial reports as requested.
· Compile year-to-date and year end information as requested by monitors and auditors.
· Distribute transit tokens and track all disbursements assuring requests are documented for the Manager of Accounts Payable’s approval. File approved documentation.
· Maintain petty cash fund and track all disbursements assuring petty cash requests are documented and filed.
· File and copy invoices, transmittals, reports, etc.
· Assist in monthly closings.
· Prepare analysis of accounts as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent and 1 to 3 years’ experience in accounts payable (Associate’s degree in Accounting preferred). General knowledge of computerized general ledger systems and bookkeeping/accounting.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Proficient working with Excel, specifically pivot tables and formulas
· Experience working with the General Ledger and/or Chart of Accounts
· Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and manage relationships with vendors
· Excellent organization and analytical skills
· Attention to details
· Problem solving skills
What We Offer
Philadelphia Works offers qualifying full time employees with a competitive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia Works is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, transgender status, and gender identity), gender, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, in all matters pertaining to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, advancement and promotion, retention, discipline, and termination.