Position: Office Administrator
Department: Finance & Admin
Reports to: SVP, Finance & Admin
Date: May 25, 2021
FLSA Status: Exempt
WAEPA’s success relies on our people, productivity, and procedures. The Office Administrator will take the lead in general office operations and purchasing functions, including vendor management. S/he will support facilities management and work with other departments on various projects. This position will provide clerical and administrative support to the Finance & Administration department. The ideal candidate is a flexible problem solver with superb verbal communication and writing skills. S/he should have prior experience in an administrative capacity in an office environment.
Key Performance Indicators
- Average turnover time for each project
- Time to provide feedback/updates
- Employee satisfaction rating
- Innovation - Questions how things have been done in the past and try to develop new ways to address business issues or problems. Forward-thinking.
- Decisive Judgment - Makes sound and timely decisions with conviction. Assumes responsibility for the outcomes of their decisions.
- Adapting to Change - Flexible to changing circumstances. Open to change and different ways of doing things and doesn’t over-rely on old methods and processes.
- Planning & Organizing - Efficiently manages their time and the time of others. Manages multiple demands and competing deadlines. Effectively plans the timelines and actions
- of projects.
- Delivering Results - Assumes personal responsibility for achieving outcomes and works effectively with little direction. Dependable and responsible.
- Continuous Improvement - Applies discipline and detail orientation to their own work activities and constantly looks for ways to improve efficiency or effectiveness.
- Customer Service - Recognizes customer needs. Consistently seeks to do more than what is required to satisfy internal/external customers.
- Integrity - Conscientiously and reliably behaves in an ethical and honest manner in all
- Teamwork & Collaboration - Builds and maintains cooperative work relationships with others. Completes tasks for group projects in a timely and responsible manner.
- Interpersonal Communication - Listens effectively and develops a rapport with others. Articulates thoughts and ideas clearly. Effectively share information with others.
Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions
- Office Operations – Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies. Identify opportunities for operational growth and increased efficiencies.
- Vendor Management – Maintain relationships with vendors and service providers and manage contract and price negotiations.
- Purchasing and Inventory – Manage office supply inventory, ensuring the relevant supplies are stocked, and maintain office equipment.
- Facilities Management – Support facilities management through acting as primary point of contact, providing information, and responding to requests. Manage workplace setup for employees including office supplies and IT equipment.
- Project Management – Work closely with the department managers and staff to facilitate and provide support for coordinating needs among projects; assist with departmental tasks and projects as necessary.
- Administrative - Perform a variety of administrative duties including coordination of bi-weekly meetings and receiving and distributing incoming mail and deliveries.
- Other duties as needed