Reports to: Director of Instruction (or Campus Principal)
Length of Contract: 10 Months
Evaluation: Annually by school policy, Ongoing by Administration
Lower Elementary Teacher
Delmarva Christian Schools, Milton Campus is accepting Lower Elementary Teacher applications for Pre-Kindergarten through Second-Grade. The Lower Elementary Teacher will have experience in instructing English Language Arts (reading, phonics, spelling, vocabulary, and handwriting), Math, Science, History, and Bible. All Delmarva Christian Schools (DCS) teachers implement DCS Curriculum within a classical-hybrid approach. The candidate will possess a dedication to fostering a positive, productive learning environment and cultivating Christ-centered relationships with students based on discipleship and love. The Lower Elementary Teacher reports directly to the Director of Instruction.
The teacher is to guide students in their quest to discern God’s will for their lives. This employee must have a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ to enable them to reach students by helping develop their God-given intellectual, physical, and spiritual talents. The teacher will believe that every student has been created by God uniquely and challenge each one to reach their fullest potential.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, in Education
- ACSI Teaching Certification or ability to meet criteria
- Demonstrate role-specific knowledge and expertise
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in technology aligned with expectations
- Exemplify innovative, forward-thinking
- Pedagogy: Demonstrates mastery of content knowledge immersed in Biblical truths with strong consideration of standards, resources, and technology within a classical hybrid approach
- Preparation: Adept in planning aimed to meet goals through developing rigorous learning experiences that appeal to learner needs and present opportunities for learners to discover their Unique Design
- Delivery: Engages students through a variety of learning strategies while building upon prior knowledge, making content relevant, and empowering students to develop higher-order thinking skills
- Assessments: Crafts a variety of assessments that align with course goals and accurately measures student progress, providing feedback to students throughout the learning process
- Reflection: Utilizes summative and formative data to both evaluate student mastery level and refine instruction
- Culture: Cultivates a Christ-centered, respectful learning environment where students are encouraged and empowered to feel confident in their learning as they strive towards excellence
- Management: establishes consistency in holding students accountable to policies and expectations through utilizing an array of classroom management strategies, within a positive learning environment
- Stewardship: attentive to classroom cleanliness, design, and management of resources, ultimately fostering an environment conducive to learning
- Personal: exemplifies Christlike character in and outside the classroom, striving for excellence in conduct, ethics, and growth
- Administrative: punctually attends and contributes to meetings, maintains accurate records, including lessons and grades, meets deadlines for reports, and adheres to policies and duties outlined by administration with fidelity
- Students & Parents: Cultivates positive relationships with students and partnerships with parents to align with school mission and to encourage students to strive for excellence in all areas
- Staff & Leadership: collaborates with staff and leadership, maintaining positive relationships built on transparency, trust, and integrity, in order to contribute to the success of students, department, and school.