About the Role:
We are seeking an IT Manager who will lead the Information Technology function for Brinkman Construction and Brinkman Real Estate. This is a hands-on position requiring management, team mentoring, tier three infrastructure support with a strong focus on collaboration with operational leadership of both companies. This leader manages a small but efficient internal team and outsourced service providers. This role requires a well-developed understanding of IT fundamentals, including setting strategy, budgeting, project delivery, security, business analysis, program management, IT infrastructure and service desk. Full lifecycle of installation, management, and maintenance of all IT and AV-related products and environments for offices and project job sites.
- Provide the overall planning, implementation, and maintenance of internal business systems, IT infrastructure and security to meet the needs of the businesses and to ensure business continuity
- Perform enterprise monitoring and implement cybersecurity best practices
- Manage an infrastructure of network, servers, cloud applications and end-user computing requirements that span multiple physical locations and jobsites
- Define appropriate service levels and track team performance against targets
- Collaborate with leadership to ensure technology solutions meet business needs and are compatible with the Brinkman technical environment
- Establish policies, standards, and best practices to ensure effective and efficient management of the information technology function
- Define and manage to the IT department's budget and forecasts
- Maintain required inventory for technical functionality
- Manage and adhere to proper software licensing practices and work with business units to ensure timely renewal of software
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the department and manage execution toward continuous improvement
- Provide excellent customer service to internal users
- Mentor junior staff, provide actionable feedback, perform annual reviews, and assist with goal setting
- Manage vendor relationships for Software as a Service providers, network and telecommunications providers, system integrators, and IT service providers
- Provide project management and solution design for IT projects
- Perform system and network administration as required
- Provide forward-thinking and innovative leadership to a department of technical personnel
- Lead IT help desk activities and support as necessary
Well Qualified Candidates have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Technologies, or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing IT teams and budgets
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the information technology field
- 3-5 years of experience in the construction industry preferred
- Construction ERP, virtual design and construction (VDC) and business information modeling (BIM) technology experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems (Windows 10/Server 2012/Server 2016/Server 2019)
- Experience with scripting and various programming languages, including PowerShell and SQL
- SharePoint knowledge preferred
- Microsoft Office 365 knowledge and support experience.
- Microsoft Active Directory and Azure AD management experience.
- Experience with network topologies and hardware
- Proficient with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking protocols
- Proficient with technical documentation and user training
- Ability to solve problems using experience and solid analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to create and maintain relationships and collaborate with users in all parts of the organizations
- Desire to play a role in a tightly knit IT team that supports one another in providing exceptional service to our users
- Ability to routinely lift up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stoop or squat to install or service computer equipment
- Ability to drive to jobsites and offices from Southern Wyoming to Colorado Springs
Est. minimum base salary: $100,000 and pay is commensurate on technical skills and experience
With offices in both Fort Collins and Denver, Brinkman Shared Services is a high-performing, innovative team that supports two partner organizations: Brinkman Construction is a 100% employee-owned commercial construction company, while Brinkman Real Estate Services is a B-Corp Certified, community-focused development and investment company. Together, they’ve been shaping the real estate landscape of Colorado for nearly 15 years and are strategically aligned to serve their clients and deepen their community impact.
Brinkman Shared Services strives to provide best in class support solutions and exceptional service delivery to foster our partners’ growth, and we have an exciting new opportunity for a part-time Payroll and Benefits Coordinator to join our team.
Brinkman Shared Services is committed to finding top talent from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, to provide broad and inclusive decision making for future success.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please note that Brinkman Construction does not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles from recruiters or employment agencies without a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement in place. In the absence of such an agreement, Brinkman explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire any candidate presented, without any financial obligation for recruiter commission or referral compensation. Any unsolicited resumes and/or candidate profiles presented by recruiters or employment agencies – including those presented directly to hiring managers – are deemed to be the property of Brinkman Construction.