Well organized, detail oriented, and proactive professional sought to provide a wide range of executivelevel
administrative support for the Chief Operating Officer and the Chief Program Officer and their
departments. This position is responsible for assisting the COO and CPO in effectively maximizing their
departmental resources by coordinating schedules and meetings, assisting with the timely management of
projects, anticipating and resolving executive and departmental needs, and identifying and executing on
opportunities to centralize administrative activities to enable other staff to focus on core duties. The
Executive Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for preparing presentations and reports in
multiple formats and preparing and editing correspondence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meet expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders. Act with customers in
mind, establish and maintain effective relationships. Gain trust and respect.
• Develop project management tools to support department activities, address interdependencies,
keep to milestones, and provide progress reports where appropriate.
• Handle requests for information and data. Use tools and technology effectively to perform research,
gather and interpret data and create reports.
• Prepare, assemble, format, and modify documents including executive correspondence, briefing
materials, reports, drafts, memos and emails. Revise, edit and proofread various documents with
keen attention to detail.
• Identify requirements for meetings and events, and arrange appropriate support, including agendas
and schedules, researching venues, securing reservations, determining menus – all requiring an
elevated attention to detail. Arrange conference calls, schedule meetings and receive visitors.
• Anticipate business and client service needs, demonstrate resourcefulness and out of the box
thinking. Streamline administrative tasks and activities.
• Coordinate and attend internal and external meetings. Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of
meetings including those of the Program Services Committee of DESC’s Corporate Board.
• Prepare timesheets, expense reports and credit card statements per company guidelines. Prepare written responses to routine inquiries. Proactively provide scheduling support and coordination for COO and CPO, including coordination of
meetings, appointments and travel arrangements with minimal input and direction.
• Demonstrate impeccable professionalism at all times.
• Cross-train with Administrative Support Clerical Staff to cover duties during absences, as well as
support a corporate workflow pool process.
• Perform special projects and assume responsibilities as assigned.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the
person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties
and responsibilities of the position.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required for a general or
specific area. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions of the job. Required competencies include, but are not limited to:
Committed to continuously improving oneself. Works to deploy strengths and works on
compensating for weaknesses and limitations
• Learns quickly. Open to change. Analyzes both successes and failures for improvement
opportunities. Ability to change plans to deal with changing situations
• Relates well to all kinds of people. Builds rapport, uses diplomacy and tact. Exceptional
communication skills. Can diffuse high tension situations comfortably. Understand continuous improvement processes
• Makes decisions in a timely manner sometimes with incomplete information under tight deadlines. Strong initiative, eagerness to lead and ability to work independently while being a team player.
• Marshalls resources (people, materials and support) to get things done. Meets deadlines, prioritizes
assignments, and handles multiple activities and tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent writing and proofreading abilities.
• Ability to discern highly confidential materials and documents and maintains confidentiality.
• Have critical thinking skills and the ability to resolve complex problems. Proactively anticipate issues,
propose solutions and communicate timely.
• Advanced level ability to utilize Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office Suite products including Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Post-secondary degree or credential(s) in an associated field, combined with a minimum of five (5) years
of experience in an administrative role while reporting to an executive is required. An equivalent
combination of education and experience may be substituted. Experience within a non-profit environment
is desired, but not required.
Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License – Position requires field work.
Background check and drug screen required.
DESC offers a very competitive benefits package including: health, dental, vision and life insurance
coverage; 401K-retirement plan and more.
The Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC) is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to
enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within our organization. DESC actively seeks applications from
women, persons of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups.