NJI is a wildly creative and strategically disciplined agency with offices in London, Washington, D.C., and Singapore. We work seamlessly across teams and time zones to align and deliver for our clients.
We seek a visionary to join our US office as an art director. The right candidate can develop fearless, un-ignorable creative concepts that help solve our clients’ business problems. They are a multi-faceted maven with chops across a wide suite of creativity: print, web, OOH, and even augmented reality. Furthermore, They are a trusted guardian of brands, budget, and time; and a traveler at heart-- ready to work with an international team, and transcend borders.
This ideal candidate knows how to make the complex, simple: both for our policy-driven clients, and our creative team. They have a passion for nurturing talent, and know exactly how to get the best out of anyone. They are pragmatic and take joy in streamlining. They are a maestro at making design systems that are sustainable, and ambitious.
The creative team at NJI handles the nuanced, complex world of big policy, big tech, and nonprofits. We believe that creativity can transform perceptions, foster conversation, and shape policies that change the world. We are not a product shop, but a change shop. This art director role requires a special patience and passion for working with policymakers, and policy-oriented collateral.
This is a remote based position, with preference in the EST timezone, collaborating closely with the US headquarters and reporting to the Global Vice President of Creative in Washington D.C.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely and cross-departmentally through all the phases of the process of a project
- Manage a small team of mid-level designers and freelancers.
- Develop creative solutions that can be effectively applied to a wide range of tactics, including digital advertising concept and layout (banners, paid social video and static, rich media, etc.), print ads, poster and outdoor, event or non-traditional tactics, logo design and branding,, collateral systems, presentations and storytelling digital interfaces (web, app, etc.), UI and UX design.
- Simultaneously accomplish a range of complex assignments with overlapping timelines and timezones, never sacrificing quality or commitment to excellence.
- Build keynote decks and other materials needed for presentations.
- Present to clients and offer sound counsel, and smart judgement.
What We Are Looking For:
- Creative-Enabler – you know how to foster creativity within a project, and take pride in management of talent, both in-house and externally.
- Team-Builder: You have a passion for people and helping them grow. You have 2+ years experience in managing, and providing sound counsel through the ups and downs of an employee’s career.
- Astute Aesthetics – you have sound taste, and an amazing portfolio of proven success across a range of both digital and print mediums.
- Talk-the-Talk – You have brilliant interpersonal skills. You know how to adapt your communication across teams, whether it be design, development or video. You don’t just understand the big picture, but the jargon in the details.
- Client-Focused – You make clients feel heard, inspired, and transcended in your conversations. You have participated in pitches, workshops, or lectures that empower clients and give them better design tools.
- Growth-Mindset: You find opportunity in challenges. NJI is a fast-paced, growing business across the globe, which means constantly re-evaluating how we operate. We’re seeking a partner thrilled to contribute to that growth.
- Process-Guru: you have proven success in scaling and improving large, multi-faceted projects. You know how to streamline every phase of a creative project from research and ideation through refinement and delivery.
Authenticity is the foundation of boundless creativity. Rooted in diverse life experience, our team challenges the status quo through our work and culture every day. We are committed to sustaining and improving NJI's inclusive workplace through actively expanding the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.