NJI is a wildly creative and strategically disciplined agency with offices in London, Washington, D.C., and Singapore. We work seamlessly across teams and time zones to align and deliver for our clients.
We seek a visionary to join our US office as an art director. The right candidate can conceive and implement visual collateral that ranges from print media, to presentations to large web builds. They are a trusted guardian of brands, budget, and time; and a traveler at heart-- ready to work with an international team, and transcend borders.
You know how to make the complex, simple: both for our policy-driven clients, and our creative team. You have a passion for nurturing talent, and know exactly how to get the best out of anyone. You are pragmatic and take joy in streamlining. You are a maestro at making design systems that are sustainable, and ambitious.
The creative team at NJI handles the nuanced, complex world of big policy, big tech, and nonprofits. We believe that creativity can transform perceptions, foster conversation, and shape policies that change the world. We are not a product shop, but a change shop.
- Creative-Enabler – you know how to foster creativity within a project, and take pride in management of talent, both in-house and externally.
- Team-Builder: You have a passion for people and helping them grow. You have 2+ years experience in managing, and providing sound counsel through the ups and downs of an employee’s career.
- Astute Aesthetics – you have sound taste, and an amazing portfolio of proven success across a range of both digital and print mediums.
- Talk-the-Talk – You have brilliant interpersonal skills. You know how to adapt your communication across teams, whether it be design, development or video. You don’t just understand the big picture, but the jargon in the details.
- Client-Focused – You make clients feel heard, inspired, and transcended in your conversations. You have participated in pitches, workshops, or lectures that empower clients and give them better design tools.
- Growth-Mindset: You find opportunity in challenges. NJI is a fast-paced, growing business across the globe, which means constantly re-evaluating how we operate. We’re seeking a partner thrilled to contribute to that growth.
- Process-Guru: you have proven success in scaling and improving large, multi-faceted projects. You know how to streamline every phase of a creative project from research and ideation through refinement and delivery.
- 8+ years experience in the creative field; at least 3+ years spent in a senior or art director position
- Progressive levels of responsibility and business acumen in marketing and communications
- Deep digital expertise spanning paid, owned and earned channels as well as an understanding of how to connect a seamless consumer journey across the ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to establish high levels of trust and credibility internally and externally and influence others to action
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills – effectively presents formal POV internally and externally
- Strong leadership skills and ability to positively influence across a matrixed organization with an approachable and collaborative team orientation
- Demonstrated critical thinking skill and strong problem-solving skills – navigates effectively through difficult issues, builds required consensus to drive business needs and results
- High results orientation and able to effectively juggle and prioritize many competing demands from different clients/divisions working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ideally experience in public affairs, sovereign or federal government campaigns across numerous markets
- Demonstrated passion for design and creative