Weavers Way has an exciting opportunity to become part of the Co-op's Executive and Leadership team as our next Finance Manager/Director. Founded in 1973, Weavers Way is a community-owned natural grocer with stores in Mt. Airy, Chestnut Hill, and Ambler. In addition to our stores, we run a market farm in the Awbury Arboretum, a CSA farm partnership with Saul High School, our own community newspaper, and a non-profit which emphasizes food and nutrition education. We operate based on a triple bottom line philosophy that considers our community and environment in all of our decisions.
Plans, develops, and implements policies and programs necessary for the effective management of the co-op’s financial affairs, including:
· Responsible for long term financial strategies and the development of business opportunities.
· Supervises the Finance Team staff, operations, and department development
· Directs the treasury, accounting systems, financial planning, and insurance functions of the co-op.
· Directs the maintenance of membership information systems and equity investments.
· Develops meaningful management information and reporting systems.
· Initiates and coordinates necessary and appropriate accounting policies, procedures and controls.
· Maintains the co-op’s funds and cash management program.
· Partners with HR in regards to payroll processing and financial administration of benefits
· Directs the preparation of all co-op financial reports and budgets.
· Coordinates year end external audit.
· Provides financial guidance to the general manager, the co-op’s management team, and the co-op’s board of directors on major business decisions.
· Participates in planning and controlling growth and evaluating performance against objectives.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or equivalent field required.
Four years of experience in financial management required; seven years preferred.
Additional training and/or education in accounting, economics and finance a plus.
Advanced degree or CPA preferred.
Experience with and working knowledge of a retail business is preferred.
Strong communication and team building skills required.
Ability to work in a “consensus oriented” business.
Familiarity and comfort with computer technology and financial software applications required; experience utilizing Sage 100 a plus.