The Hospitality Industry Talent Consultant (ITC) has overall responsibility for the implementation and management of grants that respond to and solve industry-related workforce challenges. The ITC uses industry-driven data and information to develop strategies, including workshops and training that address industry pipeline deficiencies. The ITC has knowledge and expertise in a specific industry and serves as an internal and external consultative role in educating AAWDC staff, leadership, and key partners in the current and future industry workforce needs. The ITC works closely with Career Coaches and other jobseeker-focused staff and partners to identify potential candidates interested in and eligible for entering or transitioning into the industry. The ITC determines if a candidate is “training-ready” to ensure maximum success during training and attaining certification. The ITC works with businesses representing the industry to engage them in training and recruitment processes.
· Develops, organizes, and supports innovative strategies and special projects to address industry challenges and trends.
· Uses career pathways models to maximize training opportunities and articulate employment progression within the industry of focus.
· Maintains an understanding of workforce trends and best practices within the industry of focus.
· Develops, grows, and maintains industry-specific Collaborative, a group of businesses and business leaders within a given industry.
· Analyzes and interprets data related to industry-specific employment trends and opportunities.
· Oversees project implementation of industry workforce solutions.
· Fosters ongoing partnerships with One-Stop Career Centers, business services staff, career advisors, apprenticeship programs, businesses, and others to develop and maintain a pipeline of employees and eligible program participants for industry-specific work.
· Acts as AAWDC liaison to consortium partners, industry affinity groups, education providers, industry associations, and business partners to support quantitative and qualitative outcomes and opportunities for industry growth.
· Collaborates with internal and external partners to increase employment and training opportunities with an emphasis on retention and career pathways.
· Participates in business, community, industry panels, and/or partnerships to identify trends, current and future staffing needs, desired job skills, and training requirements within the industry.
· Provides industry-specific workforce solutions to area businesses.
· Knowledge of local industry-specific workforce issues, labor market, and business demographics.
· Serves as a resource to county businesses and job seekers.
· Conducts presentations, orientations, and/or provides guidance to job seekers interested in the specific industry.
· Serves as a central point of resource for AAWDC staff for industry-specific information.
· Works with partners and local workforce staff to ensure wrap-around services are provided for trainees as appropriate.
· Provides direct customer-oriented case management including determining eligibility, creating a service plan, monitoring progress, mitigating barriers to success, and assisting with placement and follow-up to ensure retention.
· Coordinates and assists in recruitment, training, and other special events in collaboration with AAWDC internal and external partners as needed.
· Works in conjunction with other AAWDC programs and/or initiatives to assure that all AAWDC customers obtain quality workforce training and employment assistance service.
· Collaborates with existing partners and organizations within the industry to ensure complimentary services and avoid duplication of services.
· Communicate effectively – while writing, speaking, and listening – with a diverse customer population, along with internal and external partners.
· Adapts and navigates in a fast-paced environment and is committed to exceptional outcomes.
· Works collaboratively with team members to ensure performance goals are met/exceeded.
· Conducts oral presentations to small and large groups.
· Strong knowledge of AA County's high-growth industries as it relates to the workforce and economic development-related issues.
· Understands and analyzes industry-related challenges including skills deficiencies and gaps.
· Proficient in developing industry-related solutions and strategies that address workforce and economic challenges.
· Work with business representatives at all levels.
· Strong knowledge of labor market issues and both county-specific and national trends.
· Maintains familiarity with the AAWDC job-ready pipeline.
· Applies job-driven principles.
· Convenes businesses representing specific industries to discuss workforce and economic challenges.
· Serves as both the organization's subject matter expert on industry-specific issues, as well as external customers including job seekers and community partners.
· Guides initiatives in developing employment and training strategies.
· Maintains a strong partnership with industry employers.
· Shows knowledge of strategies in addressing talent management issues.
· Prepares job-ready customers for occupational opportunities.
· Serves as the liaison between industry and workforce.
· Tracks business transactions via the database.
BA/BS in human resources, hospitality, or a related discipline. Industry-specific or related field with comparable education and years of experience.
A minimum of three years of experience providing workforce or business development and/or industry-specific experience. Coursework/training in project management, marketing, and human services.
· Strong customer focus and communication skills, including empathetic listening, clear and accurate writing, and persuasive oral communication are required.
· Ability to problem-solve and create comprehensive, creative solutions necessary.
· Commitment to outstanding service delivery, teamwork, and client outcomes.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
· Membership(s) in professional and/or business organizations and certifications are encouraged.