Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
Choisys Technology is seeking a LMS Administrator to support a DoD customer in Ft. Bliss, TX.
- Create Blackboard courses and link them to local and ARMY University Student Management System (SMS)
- Delete Blackboard user accounts and courses 90 days from date of graduate in accordance with local policies
- Delete Blackboard user accounts who have been exempt from the course or reached Z-Out status (didn’t complete the course in the specified timeframe)
- Work with course managers to maintain and update course masters in addition with the Blackboard Content Collection
- Produce a weekly report with course, user, and support desk statistics
- Review support desk tickets and forwards reoccurring issues to appropriate POC
- Initiate incident reports and consistently work with Main Blackboard.
- Simulate or recreate user problems associated with browser and platform settings to resolve operating difficulties and provide documentation.
- Resolves complex problems that may require changes in policy, technical information, or any similar issue
- Document best practices and recommend procedural modifications to reduce user problems and improve application effectiveness
- Work with team to upload, test courseware and make sure links work between Blackboard and resident local Website.
Project Management tasks include:
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, and status reports; conduct project meetings with Government personnel
- Coordinate engineering solutions through collaborative dialogue with technical personnel between entities
- Provide input for changes in doctrine or policy; and request funding to resolve the issue
- Attend Registrar and Course Manager meetings to advise them on Blackboard issues and future planning of resources, features, and enhancements
- Associate’s Degree (Bachelor’s preferred)
- 3-5years of experience working desktop support, including networking, technology, and learning management systems in an educational environment.
- Security + or ability to obtain within 6-months of hire.
- Active Secret clearance preferred, but have the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Project Management experience desirable.
- Great customer service skills utilizing email, web, or telephone support.
- Ability to address problems that can be corrected through application configuration
- Possess in-depth knowledge of specific learning content, training information, or technical areas and the skills to resolve emergent problems within their area of responsibility
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.