The Application Engineer operates as the bridge between the end user and the Elliott Manufacturing organization, including engineering, product management, sales and customer service providing technical support and application expertise as required. The candidate will have a fundamental understanding of selling of differentiated products and solutions into the industrial marketplace. Traveling independently, or with other Territory Sales Managers (TSM’s), the Application Engineer will have the unique capability to recognize end users’ needs and recommend products or system solutions to fulfill those needs. The position is responsible for confirming specifications, standards, and/or changes in design and communicating those requirements through to the product management team in order to deliver
s new or improved products.
- Provide expert application support in the form of system integration and product use to customers, Territory Sales Managers and Customer Service personnel.
- Recommend and/or confirm product application fitness for use.
- Act as liaison with the sales teams to ensure specifications and customer requirements are fully understood.
- Support Territory Sales Managers with customer site visits, sales presentations, application verification and technical recommendations.
- Assist the sales team with technical support to allow them to manage customer projects from initial request to final delivery. Ensure proper solution is quoted and will fit customer applications.
- Gain a thorough understanding of Elliott Manufacturing’s key markets, and the applications within them.
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise on existing products, and rapidly develop expertise on new products. This includes application, operation and design knowledge.
- Recommend new product ideas and existing product modifications to product management team that will serve to grow sales and expand end user reach.
- Assure technical information in Engineering Service Request (ESR’s) are complete, up-to-date, and contain latest scope charges and that business case remains vibrant.